Channel numbers or channel names for itv best?

(02-08-2022, 04:21 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  Wouldn't a name change also allow shows to change channels or schedule etc..
All reality on ..(itv reality)..even USA imports of reality there in daytime screening..

It's not like outside reality many of itv2 shows hit the heights. So have re focus for itv reality, itv gold, itv lifestyle and itv extreme

If ITV wanted to switch a show to another channel they could - but choose not to. It's just wasting money on a rebrand that won't do much to the brand. Essentially it's a load of faff without the data/research or appetite to support that this would work.
[-] The following 2 users Like dbl's post:
  • Stuart, TesTVWhirl

With the future being streaming services taking more viewers away from channels I'd definitely consider getting rid of channel numbers having set names and shows fitting to each.

(02-08-2022, 08:07 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  With the future being streaming services taking more viewers away from channels I'd definitely consider getting rid of channel numbers having set names and shows fitting to each.

Respectfully (and see it in my day job) - if it works, don't break it.
[-] The following 3 users Like dbl's post:
  • bilky asko, Rijowhi, Stuart

(02-08-2022, 08:09 PM)dbl Wrote:  
(02-08-2022, 08:07 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  With the future being streaming services taking more viewers away from channels I'd definitely consider getting rid of channel numbers having set names and shows fitting to each.

But would this numbered channel thing be a thing in next 5 to 10 years when streaming hits bigger heights?

(02-08-2022, 08:17 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  
(02-08-2022, 08:09 PM)dbl Wrote:  

But would this numbered channel thing be a thing in next 5 to 10 years when streaming hits bigger heights?

People have been saying streaming is going to take over for years - indeed I stream most content, including Live TV. Yes, it has done extremely well, but TV audiences are still very large. If streaming does get so massive that ITV struggle to attract any viewers, I think they have more to worry about than if their channels have a numeral at the end of their names.
[-] The following 5 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bilky asko, dbl, London Lite, Rijowhi, Stuart

Well... it's worked for the BBC, why can't it work for ITV?

I mean, it sort of makes sense.

If you want an inspiration, take a look at the RTL (Germany) channel names: they have (among the RTL branded channels) RTL Zwei (Two), but also Super RTL, RTL Up, RTL Crime, RTL Passion, RTL Living.

It sort of makes sense: you might still have an established ITV 2 (as the "second" generic channel) with a crystallized "2", but "clearer" or more imaginative names to accompany ITV Be, something like ITV Stories/Drama/something for ITV3, ITV Max/Gas or something, for ITV4, while keeping the same kind of focus for these channels.

I realize it might be too late now, but ITV3 and ITV4, desperately need something fresh now

I've never liked too much the ITVBe exception to the numbering (more like viceversa), although I realize an ITV5 name would be odd too

I think the channels are well established enough now that most people know ITV2 is entertainment, 3 is classic drama and 4 is sports and movies. Changing them wouldn't make any sense IMO
[-] The following 1 user Likes L1_'s post:
  • Rijowhi

Whatever happened to ITV Encore?

That was, of course, a rhetorical question.

But as a channel with the genre in its name, it didn't last. Though probably more down to low viewing figures on a pay-to-view platform rather than because of its name.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • dbl

(07-08-2022, 07:56 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Whatever happened to ITV Encore?

That was, of course, a rhetorical question.

But as a channel with the genre in its name, it didn't last. Though probably more down to low viewing figures on a pay-to-view platform rather than because of its name.

Wasn't encore a deal with sky that came to an end when the contract ended as sky added it to channel packages as a free channel if you subscribe etc.

The logo for encore would actually fit itv 3 rebrand as itv gold