Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

Thread discussing the overall wider ITV branding.

Specific channels or noteworthy changes should go in their own new thread.

So I brought this up with a few friends on Discord, but I'm curious, since ITVX is launching soon what's gonna happen to the current branding? Is the main ITV channel going to be in line for a refresh and/or a reversion to the old 2019 branding?
Heart 

(30-07-2022, 11:41 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  So I brought this up with a few friends on Discord, but I'm curious, since ITVX is launching soon what's gonna happen to the current branding? Is the main ITV channel going to be in line for a refresh and/or a reversion to the old 2019 branding?
The ITVX branding shown so far suggests it's very much in a similar vein to what's come before. That suggests to me that there's not going to be an effect on the current channels' branding.

(30-07-2022, 11:41 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  So I brought this up with a few friends on Discord, but I'm curious, since ITVX is launching soon what's gonna happen to the current branding? Is the main ITV channel going to be in line for a refresh and/or a reversion to the old 2019 branding?

It Would be nice to see a rebrand to the main ITV Channel, I actually do prefer the 2013 refresh over 2019's!

From Ravi Deepres (1st January 2019) to Mariel Osborn (December 2021)

That's like a full collection of 100+ ITV Creates!

Maybe there will be some changes to pres, I mean the way content is promoted is fundamentally going to change on the linear channels with a big push for 'X'.

ITV are working with Dixon Baxi on the branding.

dixonbaxi.com 

I honestly think itv will focus everything on itvX launch not add anything else new or change anything but the itv hub logo to itvX
Maybe best keep everything else familiar to viewers.

Do like the itvX adverts for upcoming shows with the logo on the glass of the bus or train stop.

Definitely the last update to itvs main channel with the slides on adverts and ad breaks should have continued on its other channels but never did always felt like unlike the big launch of its logo years ago the changes forgot its other family of channels when the slides of the logo where launched on main itv.

Definitely hope in 2023 maybe even new year's Day , new idents for all channels launch , seems so long since itvs channels outside main channel got a new look too long.

When did the current look for itv2, 3, 4 etc last change? Think only itv 2 has had a change as was red look rest still using original idents launch of the new logo years back?

(31-07-2022, 04:30 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Maybe there will be some changes to pres, I mean the way content is promoted is fundamentally going to change on the linear channels with a big push for 'X'.

ITV are working with Dixon Baxi on the branding.

dixonbaxi.com 

Interesting. Dixon Baxi of course designed the current look for STV back in 2014.

(31-07-2022, 04:56 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  When did the current look for itv2, 3, 4 etc last change? Think only itv 2 has had a change as was red look rest still using original idents launch of the new logo years back?

That would be mostly correct -- ITV2 had a rebrand in 2015, ditching its 2013 look, and CITV replaced its 2013 branding in 2018. ITV3 and ITV4 are both still using their 2013 looks, and ITVBe is still using its launch look from 2014.

Exploring the world of television on YouTube  |  benzj.tk

The current endboards have the ITV hub logo on them. I'm assuming it will just be a logo change for endboards.

Does this qualify as a signature?
Thread Closed