Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

If itv wants full attention on itvX service doubt have distraction with any other new additions until 2023 give itvX full new focus and attention end if this year..

Had no idea was that long since itv 3 and 4 had a new looks is that a long time for digital channels be 10 years soon! ?
Do hope after itvX gets up and running eventually new idents and everything links up but doubt be straight away keep focus on new streaming service

(31-07-2022, 09:50 PM)benzj Wrote:  
(31-07-2022, 04:56 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  When did the current look for itv2, 3, 4 etc last change? Think only itv 2 has had a change as was red look rest still using original idents launch of the new logo years back?

That would be mostly correct -- ITV2 had a rebrand in 2015, ditching its 2013 look, and CITV replaced its 2013 branding in 2018. ITV3 and ITV4 are both still using their 2013 looks, and ITVBe is still using its launch look from 2014.
Itv2 is long overdue its Package date, Hopefully they rebrand soon because the current batch has gotten very repetitve
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bagelcrisp's post:
  • LaDeDa

Actually prefer the green sliding idents that launched back with itv had the yellow theme the screen scrolled along with people and animals in them... anyone got a clip?

Think all itv channels apart from itv2 have the best look they've ever had
... just feels far too long now since last changed. Currently dislike itv2 most just to same looking constantly and feels the most dated even though not as old as itv 3 and 4 looks

With the new big brother logo revealed on on itv 2 tonight containing the same itv 2 logo very doubtful anything will change in the coming year

(01-08-2022, 11:28 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  With the new big brother logo revealed on on itv 2 tonight containing the same itv 2 logo very doubtful anything will change in the coming year

[Image: big_brother_01.jpg?itok=MtAw8ZqM]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bagelcrisp's post:
  • LaDeDa

While I'm not expecting any major rebrands of ITV2, I'd not say the BB reveal says much about any plans. With the series not due until 2023 they're not likely to reveal anything to do with any planned channel branding changes this far ahead of time (assuming they even know fully yet), and that teaser graphic won't have taken much to put together from the current graphics so isn't likely anything final. Even much closer to time they tend not to get the new stuff out quickly. Remember when BBC Three relaunched, there were loads of things newly produced for the channel that were still using the previous branding on launch day.

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 3 users Like TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Ashley, benzj, chevron

(02-08-2022, 09:11 AM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  While I'm not expecting any major rebrands of ITV2, I'd not say the BB reveal says much about any plans. With the series not due until 2023 they're not likely to reveal anything to do with any planned channel branding changes this far ahead of time (assuming they even know fully yet), and that teaser graphic won't have taken much to put together from the current graphics so isn't likely anything final. Even much closer to time they tend not to get the new stuff out quickly. Remember when BBC Three relaunched, there were loads of things newly produced for the channel that were still using the previous branding on launch day.

Speaking of BB Reveal

(31-07-2022, 04:30 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV are working with Dixon Baxi on the branding.

dixonbaxi.com 

That's actually hilarious to read, as you could almost think that they believe it themselves.  Disturbingly, perhaps they do.

The likes of Disney and Paramount have gone with '+' because people are beginning to view that as the sign of a streaming service. 

'X' is not a "rotated '+' signifying something different", it just makes it sound like something Northern & Shell would have broadcast in the small hours of the night, to a very select audience sat with a box of tissues. Confused

I predict a name change to ITV+ within the first 12 months.

(02-08-2022, 12:11 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(31-07-2022, 04:30 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV are working with Dixon Baxi on the branding.

dixonbaxi.com 

That's actually hilarious to read, as you could almost think that they believe it themselves.  Disturbingly, perhaps they do.

The likes of Disney and Paramount have gone with '+' because people are beginning to view that as the sign of a streaming service. 

'X' is not a "rotated '+' signifying something different", it just makes it sound like something Northern & Shell would have broadcast in the small hours of the night, to a very select audience sat with a box of tissues. Confused

I predict a name change to ITV+ within the first 12 months.

I think some of that is just a bit of a symptom of modern design. For most projects the actual graphic work and assets themselves probably make up a smaller part and a larger chunk is the amount of story and marketing waffle you can put behind it, regardless of whether it actually means anything. I actually don't imagine the brand itself will make much difference to the levels of consumption though, it'll be whether the content is tempting enough for people to want to part with money.

That said, there can only ever be one ITV+ I think... Wink

[Image: 611_1.png?width=500]
Image from TV Whirl

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 1 user Likes TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Rob Francis

The plus name is on far too many streaming services if you want to stand out why not have itvX ? Stand out in a crowded market...

The logo looks good on the adverts for what's coming soon... the logos on the glass at the train station etc .

The X seems to appear the way the 2013 circle used to form on the i of itv which was a good look.
Thread Closed