Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

(02-08-2022, 12:11 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(31-07-2022, 04:30 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV are working with Dixon Baxi on the branding.

dixonbaxi.com 

That's actually hilarious to read, as you could almost think that they believe it themselves.  Disturbingly, perhaps they do.

The likes of Disney and Paramount have gone with '+' because people are beginning to view that as the sign of a streaming service. 

'X' is not a "rotated '+' signifying something different", it just makes it sound like something Northern & Shell would have broadcast in the small hours of the night, to a very select audience sat with a box of tissues. Confused

I predict a name change to ITV+ within the first 12 months.

Well it steals the march on Sky, if they eventually decide to give Sky X a go in the UK outside of what they're doing with Sky Glass. And 1+2+3+4 does equal X...

itvX sounds cool. Not really much more to it than that really.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bilky asko, LaDeDa, Stuart

(02-08-2022, 06:06 PM)all new phil Wrote:  itvX sounds cool. Not really much more to it than that really.

And much better to create a brand around than 'Hub'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • LaDeDa

Noticed details for September shows on itv channels still carrying itv hub logo or its mentioned in details the hub..
Definitely seems be October launch for itvX before world cup starts
[-] The following 1 user Likes LaDeDa's post:
  • Fiendish Astronaut

(02-08-2022, 01:41 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Well it steals the march on Sky, if they eventually decide to give Sky X a go in the UK outside of what they're doing with Sky Glass. And 1+2+3+4 does equal X...

Sky had 'Sky+HD' as their effective streaming/download service since around 2007. It's grown, changed names a few times, but essentially offered what the others began to do more recently while still offering linear channels.

I would say, if anything, perhaps Sky led the field.

(03-08-2022, 09:12 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(02-08-2022, 01:41 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Well it steals the march on Sky, if they eventually decide to give Sky X a go in the UK outside of what they're doing with Sky Glass. And 1+2+3+4 does equal X...

Sky had 'Sky+HD' as their effective streaming/download service since around 2007. It's grown, changed names a few times, but essentially offered what the others began to do more recently while still offering linear channels.

I would say, if anything, perhaps Sky led the field.

Well I mean in this particular case, where Sky X exists as a brand in other countries, but not yet here. They'd be getting an X-based brand name for television streaming out first in the UK.

(03-08-2022, 09:44 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Well I mean in this particular case, where Sky X exists as a brand in other countries, but not yet here. They'd be getting an X-based brand name for television streaming out first in the UK.

I wasn't aware 'Sky X' existed as a brand anywhere, and I'm not really sure what it would replace in the UK.

(03-08-2022, 11:53 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(03-08-2022, 09:44 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Well I mean in this particular case, where Sky X exists as a brand in other countries, but not yet here. They'd be getting an X-based brand name for television streaming out first in the UK.

I wasn't aware 'Sky X' existed as a brand anywhere, and I'm not really sure what it would replace in the UK.

Is it only in Austria?  Here's the logo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-08-2022, 12:08 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Is it only in Austria?  Here's the logo

That looks like an abbreviated version of 'Sky Max'

Would sky ever remove the now TV brand and call it SkyX as more linked name to sky content?
Thread Closed