Thread Closed

ITV (Wider Group) Branding

(03-08-2022, 12:40 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  Would sky ever remove the now TV brand and call it SkyX as more linked name to sky content?

I think Now is around specifically *to* get away from the Sky brand. There's a lot of negativity around the Sky name and Now comes across as a more easily accessible and cheaper alternative service.

They just launched 'Wow' in another country (I don't remember where) because the name 'Now' was taken there. If they wanted to, they could've easily called the service there 'SkyX' or whatever, but they clearly want to use the 'Now' or 'Wow' branding more.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • Bagelcrisp, LaDeDa

(03-08-2022, 11:53 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(03-08-2022, 09:44 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Well I mean in this particular case, where Sky X exists as a brand in other countries, but not yet here. They'd be getting an X-based brand name for television streaming out first in the UK.

I wasn't aware 'Sky X' existed as a brand anywhere, and I'm not really sure what it would replace in the UK.

It wouldn't replace anything. Sky X lives alongside Sky Q, being the Set-Top Box version of Sky Glass.

(03-08-2022, 01:32 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(03-08-2022, 12:40 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  Would sky ever remove the now TV brand and call it SkyX as more linked name to sky content?

I think Now is around specifically *to* get away from the Sky brand. There's a lot of negativity around the Sky name and Now comes across as a more easily accessible and cheaper alternative service.

They just launched 'Wow' in another country (I don't remember where) because the name 'Now' was taken there. If they wanted to, they could've easily called the service there 'SkyX' or whatever, but they clearly want to use the 'Now' or 'Wow' branding more.
Germany. The RTL network there had a streaming service called TV NOW, though it rebranded to RTL+ last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • benzj

Folks, we seem to have drifted from the thread subject. No issue with a Sky discussion but it would be better off in a dedicated thread. Thanks.
[-] The following 3 users Like Nescafé's post:
  • Bagelcrisp, LaDeDa, Stuart

Does anyone know why there was a slight change to the slide itv logo effect on main itv so the itv letters have one colour not 3 cut out segment reveal?
Was it viewed as off putting the way it formed or?

Also why did the slide effect not carry on into other itv channels as the itv2 , 3 etc etc look good on main channel as slide tiles but on the actual channels they never incorporated the look.

The original 2013 relaunch seemed to link the itv channels best and was spoilt when itv 2 stopped the red logo and had new idents then main itv stopped the circle forming on the i of itv in trailers.

(04-08-2022, 03:50 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  Does anyone know why there was a slight change to the slide itv logo effect on main itv so the itv letters have one colour not 3 cut out segment reveal?
Was it viewed as off putting the way it formed or?

Also why did the slide effect not carry on into other itv channels as the itv2 , 3 etc etc look good on main channel as slide tiles but on the actual channels they never incorporated the look.

The original 2013 relaunch seemed to link the itv channels best and was spoilt when itv 2 stopped the red logo and had new idents then main itv stopped the circle forming on the i of itv in trailers.

I think it’s a bit nitpicky to go in-depth about an effect a channel used to use. Put simply, presentation can’t last forever, they refreshed ITV(1) in 2019 to modernise it a bit. I think they’ve actually done a good job of refreshing the channels over time without actually changing a lot.

Shame didn't carry on the look into itv 2, 3 , 4 unlike the 2013 rebrand that linked the channels better .
Actually liked the original slide look with itv logo in 3 colours to the sold block now

I think ITV finally found a logo that could work for them and their family of channels. It's adaptable enough for them to alter presentation for any channel without the need for anything too drastic.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Bagelcrisp, chaose, JD_

Can anyone post a picture of the sliding itv tiles used on main itv to advertise not only itv shows but itv 2, 3,4..
The sliding tile effect would look better on all the family of channels not just main itv channel .

Still prefer the old red itv 2 look and program promotion in 2013 to the look it got after just seemed step backwards.. (itv be) also not great not fitting with the look of other itv channels..
But although old looks now itv 3 and 4 still work well

I'm hearing on the industry grapevine that "ITV1" is going to be making a comeback.

It would make sense, I get the impression ITVX is going to be the primary brand when it launches. Plus the whole set of channels desperately needs a refresh. I was amazed when I caught ITV4 the other day and saw they're still using the set from 2013.
Thread Closed