BBC/ITV North East News

After almost 21 years, Jeff Brown is leaving Look North.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • bilky asko

The studio in debate mode - looks like it's being recorded at 11am and will be live on the radio and online then broadcast at 10.40pm:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, harshy, Jayesyn, LDN, London Lite, lookoutwales, Spencer, Stuart

This is going to sound a stupid comment but it’s amazing how different the sets can look with a different background (if you know what I mean). It feels very flat and boxy in that photo, which you don’t notice with the usual cityscape backdrops.

I don’t know if it’s because of the expanse off white, but it makes the set look a bit cheap. I always think you have to be really careful with white as it can be very harsh.

I also trying to make my mind up is it pink or purple?

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 2 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • interestednovice, Lec_Ver16

(05-03-2024, 07:29 PM)Trafford Wharf Road Wrote:  Incredible special edition of Tyne Tees tonight reflecting on 40 years since the miner’s strike.

Bespoke opening titles and specially recorded continuity leading into it. Amy Lea and Rachel Bullock were live in Herrington Country Park.

Ian Payne has been noticeably absent from the programme for the last 2.5 months, wondering whether he has made a quiet departure.

Ian has since returned to the Tyne Tees sofa.

(17-04-2024, 08:54 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  I also trying to make my mind up is it pink or purple?
I presume purple, as that's what Studio B was lit up in last year, plus UKIP's demise enabling purple to come back into play as a 'neutral' election colour.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer

(17-04-2024, 08:54 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  This is going to sound a stupid comment but it’s amazing how different the sets can look with a different background (if you know what I mean). It feels very flat and boxy in that photo, which you don’t notice with the usual cityscape backdrops.

Not a stupid comment at all, and I completely see what you mean. The cityscape backdrops do work well to give the sets much more depth and interest. It’s easy for the boxy nature of the physical space to be noticeable with other backdrops, such as in debate mode here.

However, the debate setup still looks rather good, it’s certainly adequate and really shows the flexibility of the sets. If they’d tried to do debates with the old sets, they would still have looked very like the “News mood”. It’s great to be able to set up different programme styles for things like this quite easily.
[-] The following 7 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • Brekkie, Earlie37, JJJJ, London Lite, RhysJR, Spencer, thePineapple

Though presumably the desks are immovable - it didn’t really fit with the debate set up but didn’t look too bad I suppose!
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • interestednovice

(18-04-2024, 10:09 PM)steve Wrote:  Though presumably the desks are immovable - it didn’t really fit with the debate set up but didn’t look too bad I suppose!

The desks are movable, if required. But they're also wired up so can take a little time to unplug etc as there's lighting and data going into them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • interestednovice, steve

(18-04-2024, 10:28 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  The desks are movable, if required. But they're also wired up so can take a little time to unplug etc as there's lighting and data going into them.
Newcastle has quite a large studio, so even though the regional sets are all the same size, that picture shows that you can actually frame wider shots beyond the physical edge of the set as long as you cover the studio walls with a black curtain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice