Good Morning Britain

(25-05-2023, 09:15 AM)Keith Wrote:  On days such as today being able to have Martin Lewis guest present is particularly beneficial when the (known) breaking news is the energy price cap. 

I tuned in around 7am for about half hour.  Having someone who understands what the figures means and is able to focus on the percentage difference, instead of the headline value.  I didn't see the interview with OFGEM, however I imagine that would have been fairly useful to the viewer as far as interviews go.
It was rather a wasted opportunity for them. He could have even done a DTL from that nice little basement set-up he used during COVID, where his wife acted as floor manager/camera operator/director.

I think his programme is off-air at the moment, unless they're planning a special?

This Week they have altered the commercial break and now have one just before 06:30 after the Regional News. They now preview what is coming next including who is doing the press review.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben Shatliff's post:
  • Superman1986

Seeing that Gordon Smart was guest hosting Morning Live this morning just wondering if he ever did another stint on GMB?

Still find it ridiculous over two years on they've not got a permanent presenter in place - and I have the same issue with Ed Balls presenting GMB as I do with Tory MPs clogging up GB News. Yes, he may be an ex-MP but it's tricky to see beyond party affiliation when you've got a former senior Labour MP interviewing a current Conservative minister.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Craigwills

Maybe because BBC Breakfast has a nice clean new studio but to me it feels like GMB needs a new look now.

All those screens, stripes, wavy lines on the megadesk, wood & teal, glass & chrome, its all looking tired, cluttered and too much.

Is it just me?
[-] The following 4 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(27-06-2023, 01:42 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Maybe because BBC Breakfast has a nice clean new studio but to me it feels like GMB needs a new look now.

All those screens, stripes, wavy lines on the megadesk, wood & teal, glass & chrome, its all looking tired, cluttered and too much.

Is it just me?
Pfft... they could replace GMB (Gormless Moron Braindead) with 3 hours of static, as far as I'm concerned.

I regard GMB, and just about every preceding incarnation of ITV breakfast programme, to be aimed at a lowest common denominator audience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Reith85

(27-06-2023, 02:23 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Pfft... they could replace GMB (Gormless Moron Braindead) with 3 hours of static, as far as I'm concerned.

I regard GMB, and just about every preceding incarnation of ITV breakfast programme, to be aimed at a lowest common denominator audience.

Right ok, well I'm discussing the pres side of things if thats ok with you?
[-] The following 19 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • all new phil, BBI45, Brekkie, chris, DeMarkay, derek500, fanoftv, GMc, itsrobert, James, Joe, mouseboy33, newsdesk, Pip, Quantum+83, QuinnTFP, Rolling News, SB678, VMPhil

(26-06-2023, 02:42 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Seeing that Gordon Smart was guest hosting Morning Live this morning just wondering if he ever did another stint on GMB?

Still find it ridiculous over two years on they've not got a permanent presenter in place - and I have the same issue with Ed Balls presenting GMB as I do with Tory MPs clogging up GB News.  Yes, he may be an ex-MP but it's tricky to see beyond party affiliation when you've got a former senior Labour MP interviewing a current Conservative minister.

Ed Balls hasn't been an MP for 7 years, it's not that big a deal.

(27-06-2023, 04:04 PM)XIII Wrote:  Ed Balls hasn't been an MP for 7 years, it's not that big a deal.
I think Ed is a good balance. He gives his political experience and knowledge but does fair interviews. 

I think he is a good presenter. 

I too was thinking time for a refresh on Good Morning Britain after seeing slides of the new look BBC Breakfast. I then watched the start of BBC Breakfast and thought the new look was not as good as I thought. It looks nice do not get me wrong. But the circular weather area reminds me of Blue Peter and other children’s series of the early 1980s. 

GMB does need a makeover as it has been a while. 

In terms of presenters. Ed and Richard Madely are excellent choices and it works.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben Shatliff's post:
  • UTVLifer

Well from outside perspective. I dont understand why they can get a permanent full-time weekday team in place. So strange for me. In Canada and US even on local breakfast programmes, weekdays its the same team.

Ive heard of Ed Balls. (Probably because of his odd name). But its strange to see a politician in that role. But having said, that I take it back because George Stephanopolous on GMA was in the Clinton White House. But before he got the GMA gig he had been doing other News stuff for ABC News for ages, so no one really thinks about his political career in that way. I guess its ok. Susanna Reed does a good job of bringing the journalism part in. Well since she can get a word in since Piers Morgan walked away.

I do agree its time for a GMB refresh. But I dont agree they need to be a BBC clone with a boring simplistic Jago sets and plain graphics. Geez its time the UK tv producers go with other designers. Im sure the UK has other news set designers than Jago. They all tend to look same-ish. Let the BBC do that staid presentation that they are famous for. GMB should be a bit peppier and populist. Its on a commercial channel. Just my 2 pence.
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, Pip

I do think the GMB set is in need of a full-scale refresh now after 5 years of the TVC set (albeit with two desk changes)

Part of me wonders if GMB's side of TC3 will get a makeover at the same time as the inevitable This Morning rebrand/refresh at some point in the next 6-12 months.
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • eyeTV, TJTSW