UEFA Euro 2024

I imagine they will both have those outdoor ‘studios’ in the stadium, probably near each other

I can’t imagine they’d do a programme that will last 4 hours stood in the way pitchside

I'm not sure whether ITV going to the stadium on Sunday is even a 100% given.

Technically, they've reached the point where they expand on what facilities they have in place at the ground - potentially up to eight inject points compared to four earlier on - but as Paul McNamara mentioned in that SVG article, they'll need to consider what value they can get out of it.

www.svgeurope.org 

I guess both broadcasters might agree not to bother, not to incur extra cost and if they both go neither gets an advantage over the other.

On the other hand, talent probably would want to be there, more so than usual. And if England surprised everyone and won, it would just seem odd for the broadcasters not to be there. Bear in mind you’d quite often expect coverage of an away European based qualifier to be presented from the stadium, so considering the geography of where they’re already based, it would make sense to base the presentation in the stadium.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • lookoutwales, UTVLifer

ITV will be at the stadium on Sunday.
[-] The following 7 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bilky asko, Brekkie, Jon, lookoutwales, RhysJR, thomash79, UTVLifer

Some early viewing figures news from yesterday's sport across all channels.

twitter.com 

21.6 million peak, according to ITV's Press Office.

19.6 million average during the game and 12.7 million for the overall coverage.

www.itv.com 

(11-07-2024, 12:22 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  21.6 million peak, according to ITV's Press Office.

19.6 million average during the game and 12.7 million for the overall coverage.

www.itv.com 
I imagine there will be some extremely high viewing figures for this Sunday's final. Though I expect that ITV's ratings will be dwarfed by the BBC's.

I assume that last night's semi-final will have provided ITV with some (much needed) high-value advert revenue. The same will probably be the case during Sunday's final.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Without a doubt that was like ITV's final last night. It turned out well for them in getting the matches that they got with England's progress in the tournament and a good time for them to get back the England international rights going forward.

They also seem to have significantly improved the resilience of their streaming service.
[-] The following 5 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Jeff, lookoutwales, thomash79, Transmission, UTVLifer

(11-07-2024, 01:29 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Without a doubt that was like ITV's final last night. It turned out well for them in getting the matches that they got with England's progress in the tournament and a good time for them to get back the England international rights going forward.

Exactly. It’s been a good tournament for them - helped along by getting a good pick of key non-Home Nations matches, as well, peaking around 8-9 million at times.

I’m probably also in Brekkie’s camp in saying the overall Pres has been much more appealing compared to the Beeb’s noisy pinball titles and the huge overreliance on AR in their studio setup.
[-] The following 4 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • PJamo, RhysJR, thomash79, UTVLifer

I thought a few weeks ago that I hadn't watched Titanic in years, good chance to catch up on Sunday.

Those are quite textbook alternatives from Channels 4 and 5.

twitter.com 

Spoiler, this ship should sink at around full time

twitter.com 

BBC One coverage now starts at 18:30, with news at 18:20 and Countryfile dropped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Reith85