UEFA Euro 2024

(14-07-2024, 11:48 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Didn't realise Gary Neville did a bit if punditry in the Des Lynam days.

youtu.be 

2002 World Cup iirc He was injured

www.itv.com 

ITV Press Office quoting a combined peak of 24.2 million across ITV and the BBC and an average of 22.3 million for the final.

For ITV1 and ITVX specifically, 3.9 million average for their coverage, 6 million average for the match and 6.4 million peak.

(15-07-2024, 01:42 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  www.itv.com 

ITV Press Office quoting a combined peak of 24.2 million across ITV and the BBC and an average of 22.3 million for the final.

For ITV1 and ITVX specifically, 3.9 million average for their coverage, 6 million average for the match and 6.4 million peak.

By my rough calculations that puts the peak at:
BBC - 17.8m
ITV - 6.4m

Or a ratio of 1 to 2.8

That compares to a ratio of 'more than 4 to 1' for the Euros final in 2021 according to this BBC report
www.bbc.co.uk 

EDIT: Looking at the figures I have - it looks like ITV are only quoting the pure BBC1 figures.
The raw overnights show a share of the peak of 3 to 1 (it is pretty much the same if using the average of both programmes - and ITV's figures are dragged down by an extra 20 minutes of coverage after 10:45pm)
[-] The following 1 user Likes newsjunkie's post:
  • Brekkie

I see that the team have arrived back home. In a somewhat sombre looking plane with just a black tail fin design. I assume a more colourful one was available for use if they had won yesterday.

They have nothing to be ashamed of. They made it to the final.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Ben Shatliff

I believe if they'd won, they were planning on parting the Channel and walking across.
[-] The following 3 users Like steve's post:
  • dvboy, Reith85, Stuart

(15-07-2024, 03:50 PM)steve Wrote:  I believe if they'd won, they were planning on parting the Channel and walking across.
If they'd won, they'd have just walked across the surface of the water. No parting required. Just slightly damp socks. Angel

I thought all the pres throughout the tournament was very good. Both BBC/ITV obtained good scenic positions in front of the Brandenburg Gate, and the graphics were good.

They were well used. I didn't like ITV's 'stand up punditry' in the studio, but I suppose it's their choice to save money on seats

Next major sports pres funnery is the Olympics. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Brekkie, Reith85

1.3 million watched the Euro 2024 final on RTÉ. The Portugal v. France quarter-final was the second most match, with around 900k viewers when combing linar and sreaming numbers.

about.rte.ie 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Happy2001

(16-07-2024, 01:45 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  1.3 million watched the Euro 2024 final on RTÉ. The Portugal v. France quarter-final was the second most match, with around 900k viewers when combing linar and sreaming numbers.

about.rte.ie 
I see every expense was spared on that RTÉ Sport Desk set up. Tongue