The need for Freeview app

We have an old LG TV it has no Freeview play built in but works well still .
We have Freeview through an aerial as Freeview built in the TV just not the newest Freeview play.

We have a small Roku device and use it all the time for streaming services now hardly using Freeview.

As you have to go into each app to watch a live channel by BBC, itv etc etc if not watching a show available to stream your watching live..

Why isn't there a Freeview app on Roku and other devices that has all the Freeview channels in one place that's available for people without Freeview play built in TV set?

Recently many channels where removed off aerial Freeview to make way for 5g mobile networks , if all Freeview was in an app would be full list of channels none need removing .

Also stop need to keep switching in and out of apps for set live channels as be all in one app Freeview app all the channels.

Do many others using this forum not have Freeview play built in TV set and using plug in streaming device?
Wouldn't a Freeview app contains all channels be a good addition ? 
Streaming services killing off TV channels so why not put focus on free channels with stand out app with them all in one place ??????

I've been thinking this for a long while. Linear TV needs to be available easily in as many places as possible. The Freeview Play interface on Android TV works really well and could be adapted into a brilliant app for more TVs.

Hopefully this happens at some point. They could also mirror YouTube TV and make a service available through smart displays in the same way you can ask for a radio station.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 1 user Likes alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • LaDeDa

I honestly thought when we got a Roku device there would be a Freeview app all the free channels in one place but there's nothing .
There should be options for people without Freeview play built in TV sets .
If any news on an app launched note it here ..

Mostly switch from BBC iPlayer live channels to itv hub then all 4 for channel 4 be far better all in one place ..
And unlike Freeview through an aerial no need removing channels for 5g mobile phone frequency.

I've messaged them on Twitter about the idea but get no reply seems no direct email contact for Freeview?
[-] The following 1 user Likes LaDeDa's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

I believe all your dreams may well be coming true…

(18-09-2023, 12:12 AM)all new phil Wrote:  I believe all your dreams may well be coming true…

My 4 year old Panasonic in my bedroom relies on streaming as I accidentally ripped out the aerial socket when I moved!

The new announcement regarding a streaming freeview is great news. Not sure this will include an app for 3rd parties such as Roku, Apple TV etc as the report stated it'll be like Freeview play and be on new TV's?

How on Earth did you manage that?!

(18-09-2023, 12:12 AM)all new phil Wrote:  I believe all your dreams may well be coming true…

If that's directed at the thread starter, you're talking to someone who's banned. Dodgy

(19-09-2023, 03:30 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  How on Earth did you manage that?!

If that's directed at the thread starter, you're talking to someone who's banned. Dodgy

When I got Virgin TV installed many years ago, the installer actually managed that. Just yanking the set forward to get to the rear inputs.

That's assault!

You let someone in to your home and they do something like that? Disgusting. What did Virgin Media do about it? I'm surprised they didn't throw money at you and then make you sign an NDA. I assume you didn't sign one?

They have to damage something so you know they were genuine Virgin Media engineers...

(19-09-2023, 07:47 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  They have to damage something so you know they were genuine Virgin Media engineers...

By that logic you're a trained assailant educated in the art of stage lights and the terminating of their supports then Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Larry the Loafer