The TV Gameshow Thread

(21-04-2024, 10:58 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Sorry for the out of date info, though I don't remember seeing those factoids before.

The likes of Countdown another example - that's why I wondered if there would be a limit on the number of appearances. I think it could change the dynamic of the show quite a bit, and would probably make it a littl less repeatbale.

Do remember it being announced last summer which felt odd considering the third series was still to be completed.

Get that it saves on the number of contestants but for a show that has been heavily repeated (think the first series has had three repeat airings now) having contestants who did multiple shows will likely make repeats even more noticeable.

If the rest of S3 doesn't air till the autumn (probably a bit late now for a Spring airing) then quite possible S4 won't begin till late 2025. They might not need any new episodes until 2027.

ITV have enough old episodes of Lingo now to repeat the show so any with contestants staying on won't be a problem. It's probably also not got long to go before it is axed, after which it's likely it won't be repeated.

What makes you say that? They have four timeslots to fill. Two of them are occupied by Tipping Point and The Chase usually, though Deal or No Deal and Jeopardy! both displaced Tipping Point. The other two slots are open, they have several shows on rotation at 3pm and it looks like they're starting to do the same with 2pm in preparation for Dickinson's Real Deal ending. One of the shows currently on is the already cancelled Winning Combination - the episodes are so old a question referred to the King as Prince Charles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(15-04-2024, 05:24 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  An interesting look behind the scenes at a new series of Blankety Blank being filmed in Maidstone. I think it was previously filmed in London.

The TikTok algorithm presented it to me from Rob Beckett's feed:

www.tiktok.com 

I think it was filmed in the Versa London Studio - probably cheaper moving to Maidstone, which Deal or No Deal has moved too now.

Just my opinion and I said likely not to be repeated, which is generally the case for shows that are axed.