Corrie

If it's replacing the old co-op, then it will be a tiny one! Sainsbury's local size, not full store with an Argos.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer

(15-04-2024, 09:00 PM)James2001 Wrote:  If it's replacing the old co-op, then it will be a tiny one! Sainsbury's local size, not full store with an Argos.
Those viaduct arches exist in a trans dimensional space. You can fit a large bistro inside one. It could just be an Argos collection point, my Co-op has one for Amazon.

Everyone will still buy over-priced goods from Dev round the corner. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

How often were the previous Co-op and Costa seen on screen, and was it obvious that scenes were only taking place outside them, or people carrying a coffee of Co-op bag, just to fulfil the product placement deal?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

They did used to carry Costa cups but it was always very subtle, kind of half in shot for literally one shot, and then cropped out for the rest of the scene

It certainly wasn’t like the Coca Cola cups on American Idol

And there was a half obscured Co-op bag on the back of Ty & Fiz’s back door. We also had many houses have an EE router on the sideboard in the background for a time as well.
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001, Stuart, UTVLifer

Does Corrie have a shot of Heineken 0.0 in the Rover Returns like they do in the Woolpack on Emmerdale?

In terms of replacement coffee cup sponsor, maybe Greggs could work?
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • DeMarkay

Yes, it's been there fora few years.

How much product placement in allowed in the UK at the moment? I thought it was only one brand per programme when it began.

I don't think there has been any limit on the number of brands per programme since it began here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR

Took a while for them to work out how to use it though, the first one was literally a coffee maker on the windowsill on This Morning that nobody would even have picked up on without it being mentioned in news stories.

Then we have really clunky ones, like an Amazon box placed in shot in at least one film on every Masked Singer episode this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • RhysJR

(16-04-2024, 04:16 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Took a while for them to work out how to use it though, the first one was literally a coffee maker on the windowsill on This Morning that nobody would even have picked up on without it being mentioned in news stories.

Then we have really clunky ones, like an Amazon box placed in shot in at least one film on every Masked Singer episode this year.

Which completely passed me by.