Regional ITV company promos

(12-05-2023, 03:07 PM)harshy Wrote:  YTV didn’t make a very good edit you could see the original triangle part of the it\v, and the font wasn’t quite right and it was too far down.

I wasn’t a fan of the work YTV did after they took on tyne tees, the trailers looked Amaterish between 1994-1996, wasn’t till the channel 3 branding did some design come back into it.
I really disliked Yorkshire's re-edited ident. The full chevron instead of the triangle and the way it wafted back into the centre of the screen at the end looked really naff and unimaginatively done.
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • eyeTV, Former Member 443, harshy, insert_good_username_here

Tyne Tees 1988 “flowing rivers” ident (which I never personally liked) had the company name in white text on a yellow background, which was a poor choice as it wasn’t very easy to read and certainly didn’t stand out. I think the still version tweaked the colouring a bit?

They also changed the “coming next” slides to replace the generic ITV logo with their own full logo after only a few months. And for some bizarre reason introduced a break bumper in mid 1990 which was either made in the 70s or made using footage from the 1970s of the logo forming up in a way it had never done on any ident - disregarding the generic bumper provided in 1989.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 2 users Like Si-Co's post:
  • Former Member 443, insert_good_username_here

(14-05-2023, 02:30 AM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  See, I don't understand why everyone thinks the 1988 ident was yellow. It really wasn't - the static versions certainly were various shades of yellow, and there was a yellowish tinge to the animated ident, but viewed at the time on a correctly-adjusted set it was more grey than yellow. The text was perfectly legible to my eyes - the VHS recordings don't do it any favours.

I think it's perfectly understandable for people to look at something that is a shade of yellow and call it yellow.

(14-05-2023, 02:54 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 02:30 AM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  See, I don't understand why everyone thinks the 1988 ident was yellow. It really wasn't - the static versions certainly were various shades of yellow, and there was a yellowish tinge to the animated ident, but viewed at the time on a correctly-adjusted set it was more grey than yellow. The text was perfectly legible to my eyes - the VHS recordings don't do it any favours.

I think it's perfectly understandable for people to look at something that is a shade of yellow and call it yellow.
Unless you're colour blind. Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bilky asko, insert_good_username_here

(14-05-2023, 10:05 AM)Kojak Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 02:54 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  I think it's perfectly understandable for people to look at something that is a shade of yellow and call it yellow.
Unless you're colour blind. Cool

And you can't read, but it's academic now anyway.

(14-05-2023, 01:18 PM)Former Member 443 Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 10:05 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Unless you're colour blind. Cool

And you can't read, but it's academic now anyway.
Whatever, it was only a joke. All academic now, as you say.

Yeah the VHS transfers just won’t do it justice as it puts additional colour making it yellower, I remember watching it at the time and I could read it all, I just loved that era of ITV, must have been an exciting time for a motion designer to be working in the industry.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, SeanS1971