BBC News Pres: Jun 2024 - Present (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

The launch of the new-look BBC News at One today also marks the start of a new BBC News thread.

The thread will open shortly before 1pm.

Wow! The studio looks really great for the 1

The TOTH headlines seemed to spend an awfully long time on Rob Burrows, especially considering it was not their main story (which itself got a relatively brief mention)?
[-] The following 1 user Likes House's post:
  • interestednovice

I found the introduction “from Salford” a tad unnecessary.

As has been mentioned before, the overwhelming majority of viewers won’t care where it’s coming from.
[-] The following 8 users Like JayCasey's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Mike, Pompeytv, Stuart, UTVLifer

On the NC, it seems the BSL and flipper are generated from NBH Studio A, while the lower thirds and the rest of the graphics are from Salford… this leads to double DOG on the NC whenever the lower thirds animate…

Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart

The title of the programme in the EPG is a bit clunky on Sky - "BBC News at One including Look North", for example. The "North" overflows into the description on the banner view.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice

(03-06-2024, 01:05 PM)House Wrote:  The TOTH headlines seemed to spend an awfully long time on Rob Burrows, especially considering it was not their main story (which itself got a relatively brief mention)?

It was the same on Breakfast this morning. Over 10 minutes on Rob Burrows before discussing other stories.
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • interestednovice

(03-06-2024, 01:06 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  I found the introduction “from Salford” a tad unnecessary.

As has been mentioned before, the overwhelming majority of viewers won’t care where it’s coming from.

I expect it was a one off to say why they are in a different studio.

Opening shot was great, would be good if the studio cam had some movement too after the atrium cam.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, House, interestednovice, Jeff, UTVLifer

A few images from the opening minutes.

(03-06-2024, 01:08 PM)what Wrote:  It was the same on Breakfast this morning. Over 10 minutes on Rob Burrows before discussing other stories.

That's the human interest story I guess.
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer