BBC News Pres: Jun 2024 - Present (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

You’d never tell she was sat on a sofa…

One at the tower…

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 11 users Like Moz's post:
  • chrisherald, Hadrien, interestednovice, Ma76, matthieu1221, Reith85, scottishtv, SlimyTrain, Stuart, TVFan, UTVLifer

Interesting that we haven’t really seen a shot that has the sofa. All standing next to screens and a close-up sitting.
[-] The following 7 users Like chris's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, House, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Reith85, UTVLifer

A shame that Look North's headline repeated the same story as if it hadn't been covered in the national headlines.

I think mentioning that they are in Salford is fair given that they are putting up location straps for London Newsroom for contributors at NBH, it kind of needs explaining.
[-] The following 12 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, Ma76, MLehon, Stuart, Tardisrotor, thePineapple, UTVLifer, what

(03-06-2024, 01:19 PM)Moz Wrote:  You’d never tell she was sat on a sofa…

One at the tower…

The images on the screens with the newsroom backdrop look a bit over exposed to me with some blown out whites. I’m sure that’s something that can be tweaked.

Overall though, it looks pretty good. I wonder if we’ll see a bit more of the sofa in the latter part of the programme when the content is a little softer.
[-] The following 8 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, House, interestednovice, Ma76, oscillon

(03-06-2024, 01:21 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I think mentioning that they are in Salford is fair given that they are putting up location straps for London Newsroom for contributors at NBH, it kind of needs explaining.

It's been a common thing on bulletins produced at NBH for a while too. They seem to flip between tje location strap saying "newsroom" or "London newsroom"
[-] The following 5 users Like what's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, UTVLifer

First half an hour is more like a padded out traditional News at One.

Since 1.30 we had a weather summary DTL from London and now a Breakfast lite feature on the sofa from two BBC correspondents to talk about viewers opinions of the General Election.

The regional news can't come soon enough.
[-] The following 6 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Pompeytv, Stuart

Very impressed tbh anything out of Salford seems to be well thought out, very good use of the space and the sofa.
[-] The following 6 users Like harshy's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Reith85

(03-06-2024, 01:26 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Overall though, it looks pretty good. I wonder if we’ll see a bit more of the sofa in the latter part of the programme when the content is a little softer.

Don't worry you will shortly. Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Spencer, Stuart

With regional news now integrated, does that mean the One will now have a proper close?

Two weather forecasts - a brief one at 13:30, a full forecast to come just before 14:00. Currently heating from Chris Mason and Ed Thomas about the BBC’s newest ‘your questions’ segment, which isn’t actually a Q&A but an extended promo for the viewer Q&As to come. Feels a little more like a segment on Breakfast than the News at One.

As I said in the last thread, the studio looks a lot better for being so bright compared to NBH Studio B.

Sportsday from the same studio using the same position as on Breakfast (I think).
[-] The following 5 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon