BBC News Pres: Jun 2024 - Present (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(10-07-2024, 11:00 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  The News Channel simulcast of Newsnight got cut off mid-sentence at 23:58 to show Gareth Southgate's press conference.
And shortly before that they seem to have forgotten on the flipper which Euro exactly they are covering Big Grin
postimg.cc 
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, LDN, RhysJR

(10-07-2024, 11:00 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  The News Channel simulcast of Newsnight got cut off mid-sentence at 23:58 to show Gareth Southgate's press conference.

Is that their equivalent of CBeebies Bedtime Stories?

Is the BBC News Channel back to the World version now, with occasional UK opts? As it still seems very UK centric this morning, which is pleasing, coming from Studio E with Geeta.

(Yesterday, 11:04 AM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Is the BBC News Channel back to the World version now, with occasional UK opts? As it still seems very UK centric this morning, which is pleasing, coming from Studio E with Geeta.
No the two feeds of the News Channel are still operating separately during the day with the exception of “The Context”. If the schedules are to be believed they will continue to operate separately up to and including next Wednesday. After which it looks like the two feeds will merge again and operate on the same basis they did before the General Election.
[-] The following 9 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, London Lite, oscillon, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I’d have thought they’d wait until they’re just operating the one feed before launching the new graphics.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • interestednovice

I think it's the first time we've seen Martine Croxall in the "reporter" part of the presenter-reporter job that she apparently landed in.

[-] The following 9 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, matthieu1221, MLehon, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(Yesterday, 02:31 PM)oscillon Wrote:  I think it's the first time we've seen Martine Croxall in the "reporter" part of the presenter-reporter job that she apparently landed in.

I bet she’s an absolutely cracking field journalist. Very personable but also no crap.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 6 users Like Moz's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Transmission, UTVLifer

Is there any reason why Question Time is at 19:30 tonight, not after the late news? It''s only a 45 minute programme as well, despite the programme description saying 'Fiona Bruce presents an hour of live debate from Colchester' (obviosuly what it says every week).

www.bbc.co.uk 

23:00 and 00:00 UKT bulletins are coming from DC due to NATO summit press conferences.

UK feed opted out of the global feed at 11:25 pm to continue with Starmer's presser and then a round-up of news from Studio E while the World feed wrapped it up, and had Business Today with Steve Lai, and then Sportsday.

Now, this hour (12am UKT) World feed seems to be in complete simulcast with the UK feed, including lower thirds - so that the UK clock made its way to the global viewer (or, at least, onto the US feed).

[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

Watching one of the live feeds on the BBC News website, as well as seeing a familiar face I couldn't help noticing the fuzziness around the edge of Nicky.

I'm assuming from that and what I think is a slight green tint that this is being presented from a green screen, rather than the balcony. Does this mean A is back in limited use, or is another studio/location being used? I'm not sure if it's currently live, as some of the interview content appears to be on a loop, whilst they await live courtroom footage.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.