BBC News Pres: Jun 2024 - Present (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

Also difficult to judge content out of one edition. Did Sally present Breakfast today or did someone else take her place?
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • interestednovice

x.com 

A nice behind the scenes of the transition into Sportsday.
[-] The following 16 users Like House's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, bob, Brekkie, chaose, chrisherald, GMc, interestednovice, Keith, Ma76, oscillon, seenee, Stuart, xlalonce

(03-06-2024, 02:10 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Also difficult to judge content out of one edition. Did Sally present Breakfast today or did someone else take her place?

Sarah Campbell sat in for her this morning, alongside Jon.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

Particularly interesting to see that the whole studio takes up Sportsday colours and branding - I wonder if in the future they’re planning more dynamic presentation for Sportsday rather than the single fixed shot?
[-] The following 3 users Like House's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76, oscillon

Yes, you could see that triggering the titles automatically transformed the whole studio, and Camera 3 showed that the background behind Sally switched completely in the space of an instant!

Sportsday could make use of the sofa and even have guests, if they wanted.

You can also see from the video that the regions wall is the “hold” to allow regions to smoothly opt, so while that is happening a changeover could happen at the sofa, potentially.
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, House, Ma76

Forgive me if I’ve missed… is there a fixed schedule for UK opts for election period?

Did NWT come from the temporary studio during the One again?

(03-06-2024, 02:49 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Did NWT come from the temporary studio during the One again?

Yes, it did.

As far as I can tell, staying in the temp studio for a few weeks for the Breakfast and lunchtime bulletins was planned, although no word on why.
[-] The following 4 users Like what's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, London Lite, Ma76

(03-06-2024, 02:59 PM)what Wrote:  Yes, it did.

As far as I can tell, staying in the temp studio for a few weeks for the Breakfast and lunchtime bulletins was planned, although no word on why.

Wasn't it gallery changes? I think Breakfast share a gallery and Sport use another. That wasn't practical probably with the extended One as the NWT temporary gallery was in the newsroom.
[-] The following 2 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76

It looks like Sportsday in the integrated News at One was just fully produced by the same news gallery that the rest of the programme used.

Perhaps the temporary set’s gallery is being repurposed to work with the NWT studio, instead of that studio needing to share with Breakfast?
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, UTVLifer, ViridianFan