Fransat launches 4 UHD Satellite boxes in France

The Fransat UHD boxes on sale are the Servimat Sirius 4K, CGV E-SAT, Metronic 441680 and Triax THR 7640.

They all have support for Dolby Atmos & Dolby Digital+ AC4 & AC3 for audio spatial rendering in the new hardware.

www.broadbandtvnews.com 

I know Freely sort of do this for the UK market although it could be with UHD TVs with Freeview channels only rather than with satellite at the moment.

Do you think UHD boxes with Freely could be launched in the UK in the near future?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • London Lite

And meanwhile in the UK we have the launch of That's Memories on Freeview in glorious DVB-T SD. Undecided

Does feel like Freely would be the only option for a free UHD service in the UK, and probably the one that makes most sense. Does feel a bit like broadcasters are rolling back on it a bit as are events - Euro 2024 isn't in UHD for example but the Olympics are filmed fully in UHD, with France TV having at least one HD channel for the games.

Are the TNT and Sky Sports UHD channels delivered via satellite or IP?

I may be missing something, but aren't we already there with Freesat? A lot of people have gripes about the current generation of box but it believe it will decode 4K if it is broadcast over satellite (such as the Astra UHD test channel that appeared for a while)

I have a Panasonic TV with Freetime integrated in and it worked fine on there too.

(06-07-2024, 11:27 AM)i.h Wrote:  I may be missing something, but aren't we already there with Freesat? A lot of people have gripes about the current generation of box but it believe it will decode 4K if it is broadcast over satellite (such as the Astra UHD test channel that appeared for a while)

I have a Panasonic TV with Freetime integrated in and it worked fine on there too.

Yes it will. The likelihood of anything ever being offered via Freesat in 4K is entirely another matter, it seems Everyone TV are quite content with the platform withering away.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com