5 News

It all sounds incredibly messy, but I think people should be careful about lambasting ITN when the details aren’t clear.

I’m sure the reporters who stand-in for Dan/CL don’t get anywhere near what they’re getting per show. Gender and ethnicity don’t really come into it.

Yes. As has been highlighted given the primary source for this alleged story seems to be a report in the Daily Mail which the presenter themselves have stated to be false and the DM have then subsequently pulled, I think we can stop further speculating on this topic for now and get back to the channel pres. The presenter themselves have said they will provide an update next week.
[-] The following 3 users Like Frappé's post:
  • Cappuccino, London Lite, Pips2022

5 News talent are also paid by the broadcaster, not ITN.

Alexis Conran's show has finished today after ten months on the air, going by his goodbye he may still end up doing cover work now and then when needed. It doesn't look like it's going to be replaced going by the schedule with just Jeremy and Storm from 9:15am-12:45pm.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • London Lite

It’s a shame to lose Alexis’s show.

Compared to Vine, Alexis managed to keep things very neutral and I enjoyed the consumer sway of the show.

Really Storm’s show should be gone as it’s just “more of the same”… but I can imagine it’s that reason it has stayed. Probably cheaper to just carry on with the debates and not have to put any resource into anything consumer based.

I always guessed it would be a temporary situation anyway, as Alexis kept doing weekends on Times Radio - so was working 7 days a week a fair bit!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • MLehon

I quite like how they're replacing "Alex Conran & Friends" with "Friends" next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Pips2022

(30-03-2024, 01:15 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  It’s a shame to lose Alexis’s show.

Compared to Vine, Alexis managed to keep things very neutral and I enjoyed the consumer sway of the show.

Really Storm’s show should be gone as it’s just “more of the same”… but I can imagine it’s that reason it has stayed. Probably cheaper to just carry on with the debates and not have to put any resource into anything consumer based.

I always guessed it would be a temporary situation anyway, as Alexis kept doing weekends on Times Radio - so was working 7 days a week a fair bit!

Alexis was off quite a bit to do his consumers shows for Channel 5. I think out of the three shows, it rated the worse so I wouldn't be surprised if Channel 5 had decided to cut their losses.

Another non-update from Claudia-Liza, promising to 'spill the tea' but basically saying nothing at all. What's the deal with her?

www.youtube.com 

(11-04-2024, 11:37 AM)GlasgowCruiser Wrote:  Another non-update from Claudia-Liza, promising to 'spill the tea' but basically saying nothing at all. What's the deal with her?

www.youtube.com 
Think we’ve probably seen the last of her in mainstream news - these videos are making her too much of a liability; she also doesn’t have the personality to pull off a pivot to lifestyle programming or whatever, will likely become purely a YouTuber with a limited following.
[-] The following 3 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • Brekkie, lookoutwales, Pips2022

(30-03-2024, 01:15 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  It’s a shame to lose Alexis’s show.

Alexis Conran's section did indeed just start off as another Jeremy Vine talking head show (with less of the right wing reactionaryness of Vine as you say) but they switched it up to give it a consumer advice theme around the time Steph's Packed Lunch ended on Channel 4. Presumably that was a failed attempt to take advantage of that and improve ratings.