BBC Sport

Big ratings for England's Lionesses Euro 2022 win last night on BBC One. 

11m (66%) peaking at 17.6m (from overnights.tv on twitter)
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • thomalex

Not long until we see revised pres for MOTD, anyone seen anything so far?

(04-08-2022, 03:46 PM)thomalex Wrote:  Not long until we see revised pres for MOTD, anyone seen anything so far?
I imagine the studio will be more or less the same and we’ve seen all the football graphics. Although you’d have to imagine new titles will be on the cards for all the football programmes.

Final Score later will reveal all. Football Focus at lunchtime mostly had new Chameleon graphics. But the old package popped up too:

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

Final Score now started on the iPlayer. Old branding on the titles. A mishmash of old and new graphics within the programme. Graphics embedded within the virtual set generally using the old graphics package.

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

And over on BBC One Scotland, Sportscene's early evening results round-up used a similar package:

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
Web Image

Football Focus looked good, but Final Score looks kind of a cluttered mess. Is teal a new addition to the colour scheme?

Hopefully we shan't see this monstrosity again!

twitter.com 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • chaose, chrisherald, Clean Feed

The Final Score package is pretty much what I expected, pretty much using the same layout as before, just updating the look with the new assets.

Though there is still this small detail of how the yellow (+ gradient) portion of the graphics animate, most of the programming has used the stretch version where that portion shrinks vertically when animating on, then the version which I prefer, which I've only seen used on Wimbledon and the Commonwealth Games coverage where the gradients fade on and the joins between the yellow and the white is much cleaner.

(06-08-2022, 06:11 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Is teal a new addition to the colour scheme?
I think this is a new addition, I'm guessing it's to match the universal 'LIVE' indicator (the one with the flashing recording style symbol) which is the same colour

BBC 5 Live have dropped the classified football results

www.bbc.co.uk 

This seems like a silly move, that will surely be reversed. Not only are they part of the tradition of Saturday afternoon, it's going to alienate fans of the lower leagues even more and make it seem like they're only interested in the Premier League. But as said it's people driving who can't check out how teams they follow have done, this will effect. I'd also imagine it's useful for those that are partially sighted.

Getting rid of the dedicated results announcer, make sense however. So perhaps if the idea is reversed an on duty news reader or presenter will read them.

Perhaps there has been lots of research to show this isn't needed, but it just seems like a decision taken by someone who doesn't understand how people use their product. It seems like an open goal for talkSPORT.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jon's post:
  • AJB39, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, TVFan