Premier League Coverage

New thread for all presentation/coverage related topics for the Premier League across all UK and international broadcasters.

With the new Premier League season starting today, we have a new score graphic from Sky Sports with the club badges instead of either team names or abbreviations.

[Image: Coa0X5R.png]

World feed graphics are unchanged.

Martin Tyler was used by Sky for commentary despite his comments (and subsequent apology) today 

www.bbc.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Ste's post:
  • bilky asko, harshy

As a casual football viewer I'm not sure it's any more helpful when trying to work out who is playing than the abbreviated names.

I'm sure it resonates better with the core audience.

I’m sure it’s more a stylistic decision than one that’s for practical reasons.

New Premier League international titles:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ste's post:
  • harshy

(05-08-2022, 11:45 PM)Ste Wrote:  New thread for all presentation/coverage related topics for the Premier League across all UK and international broadcasters.

With the new Premier League season starting today, we have a new score graphic from Sky Sports with the club badges instead of either team names or abbreviations.

[Image: Coa0X5R.png]

World feed graphics are unchanged.

Martin Tyler was used by Sky for commentary despite his comments (and subsequent apology) today 

www.bbc.com 

It's nice to have something more in keeping with the rest of their current graphics package. I'm not sure if the change to badges is definitely for the better though...

PLTV have a virtual studio setup for the live coverage and from what little I’ve seen the contribution programming, I think they’ve dropped the fantasy football programme as it dosent seem to be on the website.

The fixtures for the 2023/24 Premier League were released yesterday.

www.premierleague.com 

Burnley v. Manchester City will be the opening game of the season, one of five live across Sky Sports on the opening weekend.
twitter.com 

Arsenal v. Nottingham Forest will be the first ever Premier League game on TNT Sports.
twitter.com 

The two rounds of fixtures shown in full on Amazon Prime will be in early December and on Boxing Day, with Manchester United v. Chelsea the headline fixture.
twitter.com 

All Sunday games to be broadcast from 2024/25 with midday and 7pm kick-offs added, which is already attracting criticism. More Friday and Monday games too with up to 270 of the 380 games broadcast.

The 20-match package Amazon has will be axed with fewer packages with more matches offered.

I would assume "all Sunday games" should means all final day games will be covered in the UK for the first time.

www.dailymail.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Medianext.MX

To be fair they play late on Sundays in France and Italy to say the least, I don’t see the problem here, as long as fans don’t have to travel long distances, ie London teams playing each other, or North West teams playing each other for instance. They had this when the Saturday 8:00pm kick off was introduced, but outside of COVID times they have been few and far between. I can’t see them doing it that often should it materialise.

It was one of the unpopular things about ITV Sport when they had 6.15pm kick offs in the Championship.

Arguable though football just gets the blame for poor public transport in these situations - the question perhaps shouldn't be about arranging matches at times when public transport is poor but why it is so poor relatively early on weekend evenings in the first place.

Less of an issue if matches are local but unlikely that'll always be the case.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • thePineapple