BBC/ITV South East News

I couldn't see a thread for SET, so have started this one up.

The 0627 opt during Breakfast was late, so viewers got BBC London until the weather forecast when TW eventually opted in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986

Is anyone able to capture today's report about the HD channel launch, before it goes?

(22-02-2023, 12:06 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Is anyone able to capture today's report about the HD channel launch, before it goes?

I posted the closing of South East Today on the new BBC One South East HD earlier this evening in the "BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023" thread. The HD announcement is included:

youtu.be 

Notice the improved bitrate on the SD newscast and the HD trailers after the newscast...

Admin edit: removal of formatting tags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALV's post:
  • IanJRedman

SET now in a temporary studio.

[Image: 04_22%20-%2017_35_00%20-%20South%20East%...23_550.jpg]
[-] The following 11 users Like London Lite's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, Earlie37, harshy, IanJRedman, Ma76, Nige, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

For a temporary studio, that looks quite good...
[-] The following 8 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite, Ma76, Quantum+83, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

I had assumed that they would likely do the remaining northern England regions before moving further south, and therefore that Look North (NE&C) and/or NWT would be next to de-camp following Look North (Leeds).

I therefore wasn't expecting to see SET de-camping just yet.

It'll be interesting to see what they do in Tunbridge Wells as the studio there has certain limitations that the other regions that have been converted so far haven't had - particularly heightwise.

(23-04-2023, 10:11 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I had assumed that they would likely do the remaining northern England regions before moving further south, and therefore that Look North (NE&C) and/or NWT would be next to de-camp following Look North (Leeds).

I can’t see NWT having their set replaced until Breakfast moves into their new studio, otherwise Breakfast would also have to broadcast from the temporary set.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(23-04-2023, 10:35 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
(23-04-2023, 10:11 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I had assumed that they would likely do the remaining northern England regions before moving further south, and therefore that Look North (NE&C) and/or NWT would be next to de-camp following Look North (Leeds).

I can’t see NWT having their set replaced until Breakfast moves into their new studio, otherwise Breakfast would also have to broadcast from the temporary set.

Unlikely that NWT will get a temporary set. I’d have thought they’d just use the NWT breakfast cupboard.

(23-04-2023, 11:15 AM)qwerty123 Wrote:  
(23-04-2023, 10:35 AM)Spencer Wrote:  I can’t see NWT having their set replaced until Breakfast moves into their new studio, otherwise Breakfast would also have to broadcast from the temporary set.

Unlikely that NWT will get a temporary set. I’d have thought they’d just use the NWT breakfast cupboard.

That would be hugely limiting. It would mean no guests for the duration and everyone having to appear down the line from somewhere else in the building. Also would that mean pre-recording weather for the duration?