BBC/ITV Northern Ireland News

The View finally moved into the refurbished Studio B last night. They've added an extension onto the desk for Mark to sit in. I'd imagine Sunday Politics will move in this week too.
[-] The following 3 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

BBC Newsline’s CSO backdrop set has got a update as seen during the News At Ten headlines

Is there a reason why no other hub can cover the weather for UTV on weekends?

Just been watching BBC Newsline's coverage of the attack in Omagh, and boy oh boy, the "LIVE" and location DOG on the presenter's side has been quite mistreated while on split screen.
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • Former Member 406, Superman1986

Look North always used to make a mess of that if the weather was presented from an OB with a DVE shrink (on the old graphics). I think it's due to the Live bug bug being keyed over the outside source rather than the final output so it appears on the OB but not the studio presenter during two ways.
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Former Member 406, oscillon, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Out of vision during the 11am weather forecast on UTV. it seems there’s no relief presenters available.

I know Louise Small is off on maternity leave and Aisling Creevey is busy elsewhere. but surely we should have some relief presenters like the other ITV regions?

BBC Newsline will be off air tomorrow due to a strike by NUJ members in BBC Northern Ireland in opposition to proposed cuts to jobs and programmes on the BBC in Northern Ireland. As a result there will also be no coverage on BBC Northern Ireland of their local election results tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

Handing UTV a nice scoop here the unions are - UTV have election results from 4pm to 6.30pm.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

It’s also seriously affecting BBC Radio Ulster’s schedule with the station simulcasting with BBC Radio Five Live for most of tomorrow with the exception of some very brief NI news updates, a music programme and some pre-recorded podcasts.

The reason for the simulcasting of 5 Live was down to Radio Ulster originally planned to have a full day of political news from the election, so the planned amount of elections coverage has been wiped, with no time to bring in an emergency service.

If this had have been a regular Friday, I believe Good Morning Ulster, Nolan, Talkback and Evening Extra would be the only shows affected, with Radio Ulster maybe able to fill those slots with music shows.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990