BBC/ITV Northern Ireland News

Due to human error, this thread was deleted a few days after it was created.

Below, the posts that were present in the thread when it was deleted.

MFTJA (4th August 2022, 7.47pm)
"Suppose we need an NI News thread. There was a bit of a cockup at the end of tonights Newsline, they had a nice wide shot of the studio, but the closing music failed to play. It then cut to an odd frame of the titles for a few seconds before fading into a trailer for another programme."

Superman 1986 (4th August, 9.33pm)
"Newsline’s getting a new set in early autumn according to Cleanfeed @ The TV Room. So a temporary set is a matter of weeks away. It’ll be curious to see where the temporary set might be?"

rick (4th August, 10.27pm)
"Would be nice if they finally fixed their titles to remove the badly placed BBC logo as the box around it is visible!"

denton (4th August, 10.32pm)
"It'll be in Studio One while Studio B has the set replaced. That happened in 2016 too when the current set was installed."

Superman 1986 (5th August, 9.31am)
"A complete updated title sequence would be nice."

MFTJA (5th August, 9.36am)
"We won’t be getting that until spring 2023 unless they want to pull a North West Tonight and pour a lot of time and effort into new graphics and titles only to be shoehorned into the corporate look a matter of months later."

Clean Feed (5th August, 10.49am)
"As well as the issue at the end of the 6.30pm yesterday (see clip below), there was an intermittent sound issue on the 10.30pm bulletin, which affected some report packages."

www.youtube.com 

"As revealed on Clean Feed some months ago, a set change is coming soon.

And not long to wait now until the temporary set (based in Studio 1 BH) goes on air. The programme will be based there for a while. A revamped Studio B will go on air in the early autumn.

Unlike the temporary studio arrangement in 2016, the existing set won't be moving to Studio 1 this time. So look out for some differences."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin PC's post:
  • bilky asko

I imagine the temporary set to be a plasma screen, a small desk and chair and a newsroom backdrop. The weather presenter and Stephen Watson with the sport will appear on the plasma screen

(06-08-2022, 09:00 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  I imagine the temporary set to be a plasma screen, a small desk and chair and a newsroom backdrop. The weather presenter and Stephen Watson with the sport will appear on the plasma screen

Well, you may be pleased to learn that they've been a bit more ambitious than that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • bkman1990, MFTJA, Superman1986

I think the Newsline set has been one of the better nations & regions sets - particularly when they stopped using the hideous and completely off brand green screen weather bit. Will be interesting to see how the new look is interpreted - will it be Cardiff style or nods to NBH B.
[-] The following 4 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, Clean Feed, denton, Superman1986

It’d be good too see the temporary set launch on the Breakfast bulletins rather than the lunchtime bulletins?

(06-08-2022, 09:59 PM)steve Wrote:  I think the Newsline set has been one of the better nations & regions sets - particularly when they stopped using the hideous and completely off brand green screen weather bit. Will be interesting to see how the new look is interpreted - will it be Cardiff style or nods to NBH B.

I'd say Newsline's current set was the best (at least whenever it was installed) around the regions. Pretty sure they'd have the space, but glad they didn't go for the Studio B style seen in Cardiff and Glasgow. Never liked the gaps between the screens at the main desk part. 

The current set could easily last another few years, no doubt some of the N6 style sets in the English Regions *will* last for many years. Still, I'm happy that Newsline are able to update their sets fairly frequently, it's a shame they can't do the same with their titles

(07-08-2022, 09:57 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  It’d be good too see the temporary set launch on the Breakfast bulletins rather than the lunchtime bulletins?

Why? They just use a static shot on the Breakfast bulletins most of the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFTJA's post:
  • Superman1986

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • bkman1990, denton, Superman1986

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • denton, Superman1986

Very nice!, I have a feeling they’ll be a brand new Belfast backdrop for the revamped Studio B

That's not a bad recreation.

Do we know if the new set will be in the style of the recently unveiled Studio B?

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
[-] The following 3 users Like Rob Francis's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986