GB News

Just follow the rules. I appreciate that they find that hard to do but surely it’s easy to understand the concept.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gibsy's post:
  • Alf Stewart, callumwatchestelly

Blaming OFCOM and the "us against the MSM" talk is straight out of the FNC playbook.

(27-03-2024, 09:00 PM)EasternEagle Wrote:  GB News were running an article attacking OFCOM earlier on today on their website, it's now been put behind a paywall, but the article itself stated that it's an attempt by the mainstream media to 'shut down diversity in TV journalism'

www.gbnews.com 

It seems from what I've seen of the channel last few days and what is happening online, rather than heed the warnings by OFCOM they are now going to play the everyone is against us routine, this is bound to creep into their presentation.

They know what the end result is going to be in the next year or so. That is a huge fine that will make its backers reconsider or leave Ofcom with no option but to revoke their licence.

(27-03-2024, 10:50 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Just follow the rules. I appreciate that they find that hard to do but surely it’s easy to understand the concept.
Indeed, and the thing is that if they don't want to follow the rules, they don't have to be on TV. They say they're doing well online so why not just save the hassle and expense of being on a TV platform?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Gibsy

There's an old adage that groups like this have to exist in a permanent state of victimhood to achieve their ends and be allowed to play dirty 'to catch up'. If it wasn't OFCOM they were railing against it would be 'woke advertisers' not wanting to pay a premium to be associated with them or some liberal conspiracy to not have it piped into all public buildings. A slight exaggeration I admit, but not by much given the OAN playbook in the US.

Of course they play that card to their subscription base but then internally send memos demanding compliance.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • LDN, London Lite

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread