Sports Pres Nostalgia Thread
Video 

Does anyone still get goosebumps when they hear the original Super Sunday music and titles?

Ford Super Sunday 1992

"It's a whole new ball game". I loved the presentation and the "Here We Go This Is It" theme tune is still amazing.

I also loved the captions they used on-screen during that era...

Sky Sports 95-96 Football Caption

If someone else could tell me what music they used during the runners and riders sequence on Grandstand during the Grand National in the mid-80s, that'd be amazing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alan de Robson's post:
  • harshy, Ste

I quite liked the white style of graphics they had after the yellow ones:

[Image: image.png]

Lots more of them shown in this video:

www.youtube.com 

The replay wipe and Goal animation/audio is also something I remember well from around the first time I had Sky (1996).

youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Ste's post:
  • Alan de Robson, harshy

There’s definitely been a transition from grand and in-your-face to functional in recent years. I kind of liked the whole vibe of straps and graphics looking a bit mechanical. It’s all just a bit meh now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Alan de Robson

Yeah the white style of graphics was the first time sky pushed the boat with the graphics having a sound effect, although I do remember the 1994/95 graphics also having a sound effect which was the same sound effect as the replay wipe.

I guess sky produce too many games and premier league productions must have a say as well which is probably why the exuberant replay wipes and everything else have been toned down. The other question is I am guessing there wasn’t quite an international operation ie img sports media must have just relayed Skys feed minus the scoreboard and graphics at the time ?

Does anyone know how long the team presentation near the start of the video was used? This was an FA Cup match in November 2001 for reference.
https://youtu.be/T_ftGBUrvEc

The YouTube channel it's on is a goldmine for old sport presentation but they sadly haven't posted a video in 7 years.

A nice bit of retro on Football Focus earlier as they celebrated 30 years of the Premier League with a Ceefax slide of today's fixtures. Even did the wipe animation when they switched to page 2.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Asa's post:
  • Clean Feed

That slide will not please us purists! Variable width font? I think not...

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • Clean Feed, Ste