What makes a revival?

(09-06-2023, 10:01 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  I've never been in favour of reruns or reimaginings of programmes (or movies for that matter). If a programme struck a chord in you and left you with "warm and fuzzy memories" a "restart" could sully those feelings.  One example was the "reboot"of "Yes Prime Minister" that GOLD showed some 10-11 years ago which in all honesty was cr*p.

I feel that the new series of "The Full Monty" will be the same (although I live in hope...)
I don’t remember any remakes of Yes Prime Minister- maybe that’s for the better. Off-topic but do Gold still commission new/original stuff or is it back to a full time repeats channel?

It happened, and let’s leave it at that! Some classics are best left unrebooted.

Hear hear.
(20-07-2023, 07:41 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I don’t remember any remakes of Yes Prime Minister- maybe that’s for the better. Off-topic but do Gold still commission new/original stuff or is it back to a full time repeats channel?

Im not sure although to be honest it would be better going back to repeats.

(20-07-2023, 07:41 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I don’t remember any remakes of Yes Prime Minister- maybe that’s for the better. Off-topic but do Gold still commission new/original stuff or is it back to a full time repeats channel?

One Yes Prime Minister remake as requested, sir:
www.youtube.com 

It had David Haig (known amongst other things for "fannying about" on The Thin Blue Line and most recently Sky's COBRA) and a guest appearance by Robbie Coltrane.