BBC/ITV North West News

Was the screen used for the weather part of the travelling set or an off cut of the old set?

The temp set serves it's purpose - clearly works for one newsreader, a bit of a squeeze when they add anyone else.

I take it as the breakfast bulletins have been moved that when NWT gets it's new set they will do them from there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(19-03-2024, 09:13 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Was the screen used for the weather part of the travelling set or an off cut of the old set?

The temp set serves it's purpose - clearly works for one newsreader, a bit of a squeeze when they add anyone else.

I take it as the breakfast bulletins have been moved that when NWT gets it's new set they will do them from there.

The screen was a fixture pre existing feature installed since the space was initially used for the breakfast opts in 2012. It was repurposed when sport used the area and again now and the temp set has been intergrated with it, which really is good to see.
[-] The following 5 users Like South's post:
  • Brekkie, James, Jayesyn, Stuart, UTVLifer

(18-03-2024, 10:23 PM)Critique Wrote:  I’m not sure there have ever been many fans of the outgoing set, so I was surprised to see Chris Cook say on Twitter the other day that ‘it’s testament to the great design of the set that it lasted so long…’ Surely it’s more a testament to how squeezed budgets have been over the past decade that they never bothered to replace it! As for why the design is so naff (and matches neither the 2008-2013 look nor the 2013 onwards looks), I guess we’ll never know.

That's why I was a bit confused, I was then under the impression that everyone liked it and I was the outlier in not liking it! Clearly not judging by the responses since my post.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]