Radio 2

(15-07-2024, 07:01 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Indeed, and like all panels shows not always because of naughtiness.

It's the recently new round about phrases that could be said in the bedroom thats really pushing the boundaries at the moment. Very very funny but I just know my son will be asking me to explain them!

Humph used to get away with a lot purely because of his age and supposed innocence. Jack Dee less so
This Uxbridge English dictionary round from Humph's era springs to mind as an example...
youtu.be 

(Going off-topic there's a large archive of ISIHAC clips on YouTube, which I can recommend a listen to.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • lookoutwales

My mind can't separate 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' and 'Ooer sounds a bit rude'

youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like Kim Wexler’s Ponytail's post:
  • Larry the Loafer, London Lite, lookoutwales, Spencer

The nearest Radio 2 equivalent would have probably been the Janet and John stories on Wake Up to Wogan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • London Lite

There's also a large repository of full episodes on-line on YouTube, and an RSS feed titled 'Andy's Mirthful Panoply' that has a wonderful archive of Clue and that has recently expanded to include some other R4 comedies as well.

Well worth a listen.

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 2 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • London Lite, scottishtv

In the most recent series of ISIHAC one of the songs to the tune of another had "sh*t" in the lyrics. So the production are setting up fairly gratuitous swears, it seems.

I think there has been a shift in what is acceptable with language. I was listening to some of the early Ricky Gervais stuff that went out on XFM in the early 2000s and there's some pretty gratuitous swearing that I don't think you could get away with on a Saturday afternoon now.

And even if everyone listening is an adult, it still doesn't mean they want profanity thrown at them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Scrotnig

(15-07-2024, 12:34 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Don't want to turn this into a Boom Radio thread, but they have caught the ire of Ofcom by broadcasting the explicit version of an Alanis Morissette tune during the day. I don't why they ever thought that the excuse of no children listen to us was going to ever wash.

twitter.com 

It's a pretty laughable excuse. No, children probably aren't going to be specifically tuning in to Boom Radio, but their grandparents probably are, and will probably have it on when their grandchildren are around. I'd have more respect if they just owned up and apologised.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

I’m sure the people who run Boom would be the first to be up in arms if a BBC local radio station did something similar.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • ACTV, Tim G, TVFan