The Masked Dancer - Season 2
Rainbow 

Trailers for Season 2 of the dance based spin-off show are now airing across ITV channels. Interesting that they're going for September this year as well. 

I wonder if they're going to put it up against Strictly on a weekly basis, or strip it across a whole week like last year?

Masked Dancer - S2 trailer
[-] The following 2 users Like Viper's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, lepeterrr

Should definitely avoid strictly clash.. masked dancer ratings where poor in comparison to masked singer.
If put it in Sunday's lead up to 9pm dramas but again strictly results clash.

Be xfactors old issue on Saturday nights.. avoid strictly but means too late start time for a family entertainment show...start before strictly then clash but loose viewers ...
Can't win ...

Stripped nightly with Sunday final seems best option

What a crap format, reeks of run out of ideas. 

How can you guess a celebrity in a mask by the way they dance?

The Masked Dancer actually started out as a parody on the Ellen DeGeneres Show which FOX somehow decided to make an actual thing.

Over in the States, it lasted 1 season and there is no sign of it coming back any time soon.

I can only agree with everyone about how odd the premise is. You can guess someone in a mask by how they sing, but by how they dance? No.

I'm expecting Strictly to crush it in the ratings if it does go up against it.

I’d be wary of overthinking it to be honest. It’s a bit of fun. I think that’s why I like it - no pretence that it’s anything more than what it is. Yeah the dance aspect isn’t as strong as the singing version but it’s all about outlandish guesses based off the clues anyway. Enjoy it for what it is.

(10-08-2022, 11:11 AM)Viper Wrote:  Trailers for Season 2 of the dance based spin-off show are now airing across ITV channels. Interesting that they're going for September this year as well. 

I wonder if they're going to put it up against Strictly on a weekly basis, or strip it across a whole week like last year?

Masked Dancer - S2 trailer
I love the Masked Dancer! A really good programme, and I'm really glad it's coming back, after waiting for a year and a bit!

Masked Dancer scheduling confirmed. 

Seems like it will be going against Strictly  Huh

twitter.com 

(24-08-2022, 03:38 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Masked Dancer scheduling confirmed. 

Seems like it will be going against Strictly  Huh

twitter.com 
YES!!! FINALLY A DATE CONFIRMED!!! I AM SO EXCITED NOW!!!

I really don’t get the Dancer scheduling.

How many weeks is it? Either way? It will overlap with Strictly as it’s not on for just 3 weeks.

When they first announced it was coming back, I thought it would be a summer show. But I do think it’d benefit from being stripped again. The idea is just not as strong as Singer, so getting it done and dusted in a week probably helps with that and not diluting the Masked brand too much.

(24-08-2022, 07:34 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I really don’t get the Dancer scheduling.

How many weeks is it? Either way? It will overlap with Strictly as it’s not on for just 3 weeks.

When they first announced it was coming back, I thought it would be a summer show. But I do think it’d benefit from being stripped again. The idea is just not as strong as Singer, so getting it done and dusted in a week probably helps with that and not diluting the Masked brand too much.

I agree. It really stretches the ‘masked’ format til it almost breaks with the ridiculous clues etc. much better as a stripped run.

What the BGT All Stars, plus the curious extra IAC series next spring, it feels like ITV are not not doing much to safeguard their crown jewels.