A&E Networks UK

Up until recently, the presentation department for these groups of channel have done rather well for its self, given viewers a good mix of new content to enjoy.

Alas this year it's become a rather poor showing, have they gone the same way as Discovery and sacked many of the people within the department which deals with presentation?

I haven't watched the channels: but surely Sky History and History 2 presentation style is influenced by the other Sky operations, in spite of them not being a "Sky" channels?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised, these documentary channels tend to influence one another, and also the costs of presentations probably are just too much for the smaller channels, especially in the streaming frenzy era.

So much most of the world doesn't have anymore these continuity links, especially for smaller channels

Sky History/2 and Sky Sci-Fi which was formerly Syfy all take the Sky style. So for example Sky Sci-Fi has the DOG removed shortly after the start of each programme and break, while Syfy kept it on constantly.

However I believe Sky Sci-Fi and Syfy before it were played out from Osterley while Sky History/2 continues to use the A+E playout which is based elsewhere.

That's because Syfy was always owned by Comcast (and it's predecessor NBCUniversal), not A&E.