Dave Presentation

(02-02-2024, 10:50 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  That's slightly depressing to hear that 'U' is really going to go ahead. I'm going to have a shower and hope it's all a bad dream...
I don't think you're alone in hoping that.

I was watching some pres on their channels earlier this week. I don't know why they want to throw it all away when they finally have quite a strong corporate and channel brands. They are still pushing UKTV Play with the break bumpers and that must surely be the future direction when most of your content is essentially archive.

If someone woke up and realised that 'U' was a bad idea, they're afraid to admit it. Confused
[-] The following 6 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Andrew Wood, Brekkie, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986

If anything, the witty break bumpers could be the perfect opportunity for them to still launch it, but with a few tongue in cheek self-deprecating references to the channel name change, akin to how Channel 4 have been known to still reference 4OD sometimes. It would require some confidence from them so may not be something they'd do immediately at the launch, but it would certainly be on-brand for Dave and not taking themselves too seriously may even help get the new U name some extra exposure.

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 2 users Like TesTVWhirl's post:
  • dbl, insert_good_username_here

They'll be a reaction to The Hairy Bikers sad news at 6pm on Dave at the start and end of programme
[-] The following 2 users Like dbl's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, lookoutwales

(29-02-2024, 06:50 PM)dbl Wrote:  They'll be a reaction to The Hairy Bikers sad news at 6pm on Dave at the start and end of programme

And here is that tribute from the CA.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • cityprod, TesTVWhirl

The above announcement was played again today before The Hairy Bikers.

Also, with today being 1st of March, a new crop of 'witty bumpers' is now airing - theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • dbl

Quite a nice little campaign going out on UKTV at the moment to promote the upcoming launch of series 5 of Meet The Richardsons on Dave. For it, various famous TV moments have been recreated and well known genres parodied by Jon and Lucy. There are a lot of these, but some of the best ones I've spotted so far:-

Only Fools And Horses - Recreating the famous 'Del Boy at the Bar' scene
www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

Detective Drama - Ben Shephard and Alexander Armstrong escape daytime television to guest star as detectives in a gritty police drama
www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

Fawlty Towers - Jon Richardson recreates another well known scene originally played by John Cleese
www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

TV Whirl - Since 2001