The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

The Women's Euros will take priority.

What the Hell have the BBC done with their football results page it looks awful, there is no live scores of the National League North Play off final. Terrible
[-] The following 1 user Likes shropshireguy28's post:
  • RhysJR

(Yesterday, 08:49 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  What the Hell have the BBC done with their football results page it looks awful, there is no live scores of the National League North Play off final. Terrible

Cleaner but not better.
They have also remove assist makers from the top of the football pages.

But, I think more foreign matches ar getting detailed pages compared to recent years, like below.
www.bbc.co.uk 

(Yesterday, 08:49 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  What the Hell have the BBC done with their football results page it looks awful, there is no live scores of the National League North Play off final. Terrible

You mean the match between Altrincham and Gateshead that is very clearly displayed on the BBC Sports Football results page as 'Cancelled'?

(11 hours ago)Reith85 Wrote:  You mean the match between Altrincham and Gateshead that is very clearly displayed on the BBC Sports Football results page as 'Cancelled'?

I think they meant the play-off match between Alfreton and Boston from the league below. It appears on the Sky Sports website, but rather unhelpfully fails to say the result of the penalty shoot-out! Full result is on Google and the likes of SofaScore below.

www.skysports.com 

www.sofascore.com 

(11 hours ago)Reith85 Wrote:  You mean the match between Altrincham and Gateshead that is very clearly displayed on the BBC Sports Football results page as 'Cancelled'?

No I mean the match the poster below you was talking about. Not great from the BBC to be honest

Big changes incoming to the Cymru Premier in two years time - some of which may impact Sgorio coverage.

The expectation is it will expand from twelve clubs though the FAW are holding off announcing the actual structure until September.

Matchdays will move to a a Friday night in an effort not to compete with the Premier League or the EFL - though in reality, around half of all games are already played on a Friday (and of the games S4C pick up, they're usually non-linear)

There are also plans to bring in a scaled-down 'VAR Lite' system, once facilities are in place.

media-faw-cymru.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com 

For what it's worth, the much-promised shake-up seems a bit light on detail and rather underwhelming to the average fan - at least at first - but I'm curious as to where that will leave Sgorio in the future.

I doubt S4C would want its Friday night schedule to be predominantly taken up by a live game most weeks and would rather opt for a later slot in the weekend - but again, the trend has been more towards non-linear matches on their part in the past few years (and often attracting minuscule viewing figures)

It's a bit of a dilemma as the overall goal is more exposure to the league and, as Rob Phillips put it in his BBC article, 'some love'. From first impressions, I suspect it might end up with less exposure.

www.bbc.co.uk