Looks like some technical issue happening at CNN International right now, I assume their link with Abu Dhabi studios.

Eleni Giokos has started Connect The World from Abu Dhabi at 9am ET, but Erica Hill had stepped in to anchor the program from a flash studio in NY at the bottom of the hour.

EDIT: Looks like the two are now co-anchoring for CTW's second hour.

(Yesterday, 02:58 PM)bakamann Wrote:  Looks like some technical issue happening at CNN International right now, I assume their link with Abu Dhabi studios.

Eleni Giokos has started Connect The World from Abu Dhabi at 9am ET, but Erica Hill had stepped in to anchor the program from a flash studio in NY at the bottom of the hour.

EDIT: Looks like the two are now co-anchoring for CTW's second hour.

Most likely it's not technical but Trump-related: they seem to have developed a habit of using second, US-based anchor on CTW when covering domestic political events (for the benefit of CNN Max).

(Yesterday, 03:08 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Most likely it's not technical but Trump-related: they seem to have developed a habit of using second, US-based anchor on CTW when covering domestic political events (for the benefit of CNN Max).

It's technical, I believe. After David McKenzie's live extro to his news report, the broadcast suddenly cuts to the Market Brief and gone on a 5-6 minute commercial break before Erica shows up.

But yeah, they kinda easily transitioned with Trump's Georgia hearing smoothly.