Pres Café
Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Brekkie - 06-06-2024

Considering the way TV has gone it's ridiculous the BOX/Bauer suite of channels have gone from being available via the red button on Freeview, the BOX Plus app and the BOX Plus website a decade or so ago to just being delivered on linear TV. If any suite of channels were ready for the emergence of FAST streaming it should have been these.

C4 still saw value in them 5 years ago paying £60m for the other 50% but did nothing with them. Even if they didn't sell the channels on you'd think the BOX brand would be worth something to someone now.

P.S. I'm guessing there is no real music programming left on C4 either. Even following the launch of 4Music the Wednesday night strand survived for some time but can't say I've noticed any significant music programming in the schedule for years. Execs probably consider Popmaster to tick that box.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - rick - 06-06-2024

(06-06-2024, 01:03 AM)WillPS Wrote:  Something else I've been wondering - why was the 4music brand kept and slapped on Box Hits in 2022 when the 'proper' 4music became E4 Extra?

I did wonder why they didn't just keep 4 Music as is, and rename Box Hits to E4 Extra and move it to the general entertainment section. Why the (seemingly) convoluted way that they did? Was it to retain EPG slot prominence or was there a 'better for them' technical reason to do it that way?

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - TVenthusiasm - 06-06-2024

The Box earlier shown a back shortly slide, after getting stuck at the end of the Kerrang promo.

The channel's DOG has also been updated to match that on the special ident used since the start of the month

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - WillPS - 06-06-2024

(06-06-2024, 06:26 PM)rick Wrote:  I did wonder why they didn't just keep 4 Music as is, and rename Box Hits to E4 Extra and move it to the general entertainment section. Why the (seemingly) convoluted way that they did? Was it to retain EPG slot prominence or was there a 'better for them' technical reason to do it that way?

I presume it was as simple as wanting it to be on Freeview, and the easiest way to achieve that was to rebrand 4music as E4 Extra. The programming didn't change that much either, there was hardly any music on it before and after.

The confusing thing was that rather than just allowing the 4music brand to die they then rebranded Box Hits. I presume there was some strategy behind this, like maybe they were going to continue just that one and let the rest go, but it all seems a bit moot now the whole lot are going.

I notice the DOG and transitions are using the (immitation) 90s branding from 2019 now. Captions are still using the most recent branding. They've always seemed to take a few days to complete a rebrand for whatever reason.

I remain impressed that an effort is being made to send these channels off. I can't remember the last time I watched this much of The Box outside of Christmas time.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - rick - 06-06-2024

I noticed earlier that they had the 90s The Box logo, complete with "Music Television You Control" underneath, but with modern song title graphics. Other channels just had their usual graphics. Wonder if they might change as the month goes on?

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - WillPS - 06-06-2024

(06-06-2024, 10:13 PM)rick Wrote:  I noticed earlier that they had the 90s The Box logo, complete with "Music Television You Control" underneath, but with modern song title graphics. Other channels just had their usual graphics. Wonder if they might change as the month goes on?

Maybe, but I think it might just be The Box. They did a retro season a few years ago which most of these graphics were prepared for - as such they're probably more 'on hand' than any other retro graphics would be.

It's also the channel with the most heritage, and the only one Channel 4 might be able to realise some value from by flogging off when they're done with it.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 06-06-2024

(06-06-2024, 10:13 PM)rick Wrote:  I noticed earlier that they had the 90s The Box logo, complete with "Music Television You Control" underneath, but with modern song title graphics. Other channels just had their usual graphics. Wonder if they might change as the month goes on?

Change them to something like this? Wink

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - rick - 07-06-2024

Perfect! I doubt it'll happen though, but it would be nice. And add some random numbers at the bottom for videos people have "selected" for the queue! Big Grin

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Larry the Loafer - 07-06-2024

(07-06-2024, 12:48 PM)rick Wrote:  Perfect! I doubt it'll happen though, but it would be nice. And add some random numbers at the bottom for videos people have "selected" for the queue! Big Grin

Don't forget to flash the word "Thanx!"

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 07-06-2024

(07-06-2024, 09:53 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Don't forget to flash the word "Thanx!"

Like this?

Also, don't forget this: