Pres Café
Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Larry the Loafer - 10-06-2024

Thanx for the upload, James! I'd only read the other day that some artists would make reference to The Box in their music videos, with S Club being the only cited example. The extended video is readily available to watch on YouTube but there's a cut to an alternate wide shot before The Box is namechecked. So it's fascinating to see an intact example at the end of that video.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 10-06-2024

I can only remember one other video that actually had The Box namechecked in the video by the artist (that was "Feel of Fire" by Lucy Skye. a VERY obscure song that I don't even think charted in the top 75, but I remember it getting a fair amount of airplay on the channel at the time... again, the video is on YouTube without The Box plug). There were a few videos in that late 99/early 2000 period that had The Box logo inserted into them (one of them was by Northern Line- who do appear in that video I posted... probably better known when one of their members turned up in (regular) Big Brother several years later), and I have a couple of examples, but they're not particularly interesting- they're just the regular videos with the logo superimposed at some point.

That YouTube upload of the S Club 7 video is interesting, I wonder where it comes from, as it's not an official upload and I've never seen that Box-less version of the extended version shown on any music channel in the UK at least. Even the official upload of the S Club Party video from the record company is just the regular edit, without the intro and outro.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - PATV Scunthorpe - 13-06-2024

The other channels in The Box Plus Network are slowly ramping up the look back playlists as well, each channel has also got it's own variant of the special nostalgia programmes as well, in the same vein to "The Box: Music TV You Controlled!"

4Music: End Of An Era!, with Lucy Jones
Shutdown! Kiss TV 1998-2024, with Swarzy Macaly
Magic TV: Thank You For The Music!, with Eloise Carr
and Kerrang! TV: Thanks Fr Th Mmrs, with Alex Baker

It is nice that the teams working on the Box Plus channels are putting in the effort to close the channels with some style rather than just a lowkey finish, I was a fan of the channels for quite some time in the last few years as people who followed Twitter and gallery designs on TVF will know, especially with the graphical variety they offered, so it is sad to see them go.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - what - 13-06-2024

(13-06-2024, 11:47 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  and Kerrang! TV: Thanks Fr Th Mmrs, with Alex Baker

It is nice that the teams working on the Box Plus channels are putting in the effort to close the channels with some style rather than just a lowkey finish, I was a fan of the channels for quite some time in the last few years as people who followed Twitter and gallery designs on TVF will know, especially with the graphical variety they offered, so it is sad to see them go.

I would have been disappointed if Kerrang chose any other name for their final programme.

I agree, it's always nice to see the staff on soon to be defunct channels able to keep their heads up and feel motivated enough to provide a decent service right to the end.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 13-06-2024

Not sure why Kiss Tv's show is called 1998-2024 when it didn't launch until 2000.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - JAS84 - 13-06-2024

Someone apparently got their maths wrong - there was an earlier cable channel also with the Kiss branding from 1996 to 1998, then the current version launched on satellite in 2000 as you say. More than likely they combined their on air durations without realising there was a two year gap there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_TV 

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - JHarper_2022 - 13-06-2024

Kiss TV launched in 1996 as a slot on L!VE TV and lasted under 2 years, but the current incarnation of Kiss TV has been on air since June 2000, 2000-2024 would be more appropriate.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 13-06-2024

Looks like it was basically just a slot on other channels that bared little resemblance to the later channel then. According to that it moved from L!ve TV to the Granada channels, I guess that might explain why The Box went out on Granada Plus downtime for a while, presumably Emap running out the contract after the original Kiss ended.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Division2023 - 13-06-2024

If Channel 4 no longer want their music channels, is it possible a consortium could come in and buy any of them?

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - cable - 13-06-2024

(13-06-2024, 05:36 PM)Division2023 Wrote:  If Channel 4 no longer want their music channels, is it possible a consortium could come in and buy any of them?

Unless someone wants a commercial failure, then no. The trace channels closed down as the market for them has gone. I wouldn't be suprised if the MTV ones eventually go too.

Possibly the brands might eventually be relicenced to someone running a FAST style channel but I doubt it.