Pres Café
Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - mixchris - 25-06-2024

I’ve had The Box on at work this evening, was nice to hear ‘Another Level - Bomb Diggy’ and ‘Blu Cantrell feat. Sean Paul - Breathe’.

Echoing other comments, shame this can’t continue it would be nice as a FAST channel since the current offerings except VEVO are mostly just current hits.

With a lot of MV’s now being upscaled, a lot of archive material that The Box are currently showing would look great if it were in HD.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 25-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 11:56 PM)mixchris Wrote:  I’ve had The Box on at work this evening, was nice to hear ‘Another Level - Bomb Diggy’

Damn, that's something I've literally not seen on TV since 1999!

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - mixchris - 26-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 11:58 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Damn, that's something I've literally not seen on TV since 1999!

I’ve never seen it on TV 🙈
“Takin’ Back My Love” by Enrique Iglesias feat. Ciara was on a little while ago, haven’t heard that song since it was released.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 26-06-2024

(26-06-2024, 12:26 AM)mixchris Wrote:  I’ve never seen it on TV 🙈

It's on one of my VHS tapes that I used to make at the time, but not actually seen it broadcast since then.

Just seen the Artful Dodger's Woman Trouble... something else I haven't seen shown since 2000. This is wonderful, I wish it would keep going past Sunday.

Shown properly pillarboxed as well despite the very wide faux-letterbox bars. The way these videos should be shown.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - WillPS - 26-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 05:16 PM)MajesticBass Wrote:  Does a FAST channel save that much money compared to a regularly broadcast one once you've already got all the infrastructure set up? It feels like the key costs of programming the playlists and loading the videos would stay roughly the same?

Broadcast carriage is expensive, and the process of 'sorting out' ad breaks is time consuming. FAST platforms typically charge nothing and take the complexity of adverts away, instead paying a fee for the right to insert their own ads.

AIUI Pluto even take care of the playout side of things - content providers just send them a load of programming assets and they take care of literally everything else.

A [classic] The Box FAST channel would be very compelling. It'll be interesting to see what Channel 4 do with the brand - but it'd be a shame to let it go to waste given they've done such an inexplicably good job of holding it at arms length from their main TV operation.

Would be even better if they could throw in old Boxtalks and the likes in with the videos, suprised that archive hasn't been repurposed to some extent anyway... assuming it's been kept.

Every time I see something unexpected I feel like posting here... but I'd be posting 20 times a day probably if I did. It really is such a pleasant suprise seeing all this stuff again.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - frasergj - 26-06-2024

I agree totally with all the comments on fantastic selection of music running on The Box since it switched to nostalgia mode.

As far as it becoming a FAST channel - it would be nice but someone would still need to run it, even just to load new music onto it and I don't think that is likely to happen. It might be better off as a YouTube brand to showcase music/do interviews/features.

As far as the linear channels though, the EPG seems to indicate that they all finish at midnight on Sunday night.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - mixchris - 27-06-2024

The time and effort that has been put in to The Box as an archive channel is amazing, full credit to the crew who are clearly very passionate about the nostalgia The Box carries with it, from the old channel logos appearing during a promo to the music videos that even the likes of the Kisstory strand on Kiss haven't played before; it's amazing.

It's a pity The Box couldn't relaunch "You Control" whether that's a voting system on the website, WhatsApp or even a mobile app. The days of calling / texting to select a song are long gone IMO but something that most have access to would have been good to see.