Pres Café
Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - mixchris - 01-07-2024

(01-07-2024, 12:02 AM)WillPS Wrote:  The final songs were

4music - Pink - Raise your glass
The Box - Spice Girls - Goodbye
Kiss - Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Magic - flicked through but already forgotten
Kerrang - Panic! At The Disco - Thks fr th Mmrs

Only by looking at the live feed YouTube, I’d say Magic’s last song was Boyz II Men - End of the Road

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - NI92 - 01-07-2024

Magic - Boyz II Men - End of the Road
Kerrang - Panic! At The Disco - Thks fr th Mmrs

Fall Out Boy rather than Panic! at the Disco but thanks for the post, only had all these channels since covid as a freeview viewer prior to that only had 4music and viva but in recent years would have put them on at night when nothing else on and sad to see them go today.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - frasergj - 01-07-2024

Magic - Boyz II Men - End of the Road
Kerrang - Fall Out Boy - Thks fr th Mmrs

The Box ending on a Spice Girls track is an especially nice touch as they heavily promoted Wannabe and helped kick off Spice mania back in the day. The first song at 6am on June 1st was also Spice Girls track so a nice bit of symmetry to bookend the month.

Surprised Thank You for the Music by ABBA wasn't last on Magic too but they were all great ones to finish on and firmly on brand.

Farewell to Box Plus Network - will be missed 😢

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 01-07-2024

And for a bit of a treat... the channel's penultimate video as it would have looked back in the day:

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/062024/1719790491_109160350.mp4 

Sadly I no longer have the recording I made of Goodbye...

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - WillPS - 01-07-2024

The AATW and Thats channels look so naff compared to the slick Box Plus ones. Also none of them are listed on Freesat despite being FTA.

One wonders how much longer they'll all plod on for, along with the remaining set of MTV ones - on the topic of those I note they're not even mentioned on the MTV UK website, which basically exists only to plug Paramount+ at this point.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - TVenthusiasm - 01-07-2024

eir TV here in Ireland have now replaced the "This service has now closed" slide with a more simple one on all 5 Box Plus channels (btw, they are the only music channels offered on eir TV)

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - James2001 - 01-07-2024

At least The Box showed the proper, original version of Viva Forever last night. A few years back the official Spice Girls YouTube channel replaced it with a version where the end shot had a picture of the kid that disappears zooming towards the camera (and Now 90s, when that channel still existed, showed it too). How or why anyone thought that was a good idea, I don't know, it looks terrible.

The first time I saw it I had to go back and check a past recording I'd made of the video to check it hadn't been there before!

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - frasergj - 01-07-2024

(01-07-2024, 11:42 AM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  eir TV here in Ireland have now replaced the "This service has now closed" slide with a more simple one on all 5 Box Plus channels (btw, they are the only music channels offered on eir TV)

I think this is because the channels themselves have completely ceased now, no longer broadcasting.

I had The Box manually tuned on Sky so I could still put it on to see if anything interesting happened after it was taken off the EPG (which happened this morning).

While I was on lunch the picture went to a blue off-air screen which usually means the channels have stopped transmitting. Possibly deleted from satellite. Happened sometime between 13:30 and 14:30 today.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - nwtv2003 - 01-07-2024

On Sky Stream all of the Box channels are still there on the EPG displaying the ‘This service has now closed’ loop, I’m quite surprised they’re all still there, in the recent past the channels get removed from Sky Stream very quickly. For example TalkTV was removed almost immediately after closure.

RE: Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres - Division2023 - 01-07-2024

Kerrang trending all day on X/Twitter which just shows how much of a loyal following the channel had and that it will be very badly missed.