Pres Café
Corrie - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Corrie (/showthread.php?tid=253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 03:30 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Ahh, you mean like Michelle Fowler, who never showed up for anything, not even for her own parents' and brother's funerals.

At least not until she came back with a completely different head.
Let's not forget that Nick Tilsley is on his third head, as is Tracey-Love Barlow. Tongue

RE: Corrie - Andrew - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 03:30 PM)James2001 Wrote:  
Well, you can argue we don't actually know he killed Lauren yet, he might be keeping her captive somewhere. We saw him hitting her over the head, but nothing to confirm she was killed, and of course there's been no body found yet

Ahh, you mean like Michelle Fowler, who never showed up for anything, not even for her own parents' and brother's funerals.

At least not until she came back with a completely different head.

It happens all the times in soaps

A character gets married, or dies, and their mother or children who used to live on the street don’t attend with some ridiculous excuse

RE: Corrie - eyeTV - 05-06-2024

I don't think Gail has any association with an 'off-screen' character anymore to be written out to go and stay with.

Obviously going to Canada to stay with Stephen has always been the go-to escape for a Platt departee, but that's now no longer possible. So unless it involves Martin it's going to have to be something left-field that takes her away forever.

RE: Corrie - Newshound47 - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 09:26 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I don't think Gail has any association with an 'off-screen' character anymore to be written out to go and stay with.

Obviously going to Canada to stay with Stephen has always been the go-to escape for a Platt departee, but that's now no longer possible. So unless it involves Martin it's going to have to be something left-field that takes her away forever.

Her moving to Thailand where she has been on lengthy holidays in the last few years could work.

RE: Corrie - Andrew - 05-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 09:26 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I don't think Gail has any association with an 'off-screen' character anymore to be written out to go and stay with.

When her family has been doing her head in/when Helen wants a break in real life, they’ve written in spur of the moment trips of Thailand in recent years, so it could be something like that

RE: Corrie - RhysJR - 05-06-2024

Maybe Gail's final story will be Lorraine Kelly getting her long awaited revenge?? Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipQkpbx0nV0 

RE: Corrie - Brekkie - 05-06-2024

Gail will be a huge loss but good for Helen Worth actually deciding no, I've had a good career - let's enjoy my retirement!

I'm guessing Gail is actually quite a bit younger than Helen considering there isn't much between Helen and Sue Nicholls. In a way I wouldn't mind Gail being killed off rather than having to be killed off off-screen in a few years.

I see Ken is going to get a story about falling down the stairs and having carers in? Is he back living on the Street now - last thing I remember from him was moving into a retirement home with Rula Lenska.

RE: Corrie - James2001 - 06-06-2024

That retirement home thing literally lasted a few weeks (in fact it would have been even shorter if the show wasn't reduced to 3 episodes a week while filming was stopped during covid) before he decided he didn't like it and moved back into number 1, which seemed ridiculous considering all the publicity they put into the fact that Ken was "leaving" the street at the time. It was so short that they would have already filmed the episodes where he'd moved back to the street before we'd even seen him move into the retirement home on screen.

RE: Corrie - Spencer - 06-06-2024

(05-06-2024, 09:02 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Let's not forget that Nick Tilsley is on his third head, as is Tracey-Love Barlow. Tongue

I’m pretty sure Tracy’s on her fourth. Off the top of my head, Christabel Finch, Holly Chamarette, Dawn Acton and Kate Ford. Smile

RE: Corrie - Stuart - 06-06-2024

(06-06-2024, 07:10 AM)Spencer Wrote:  I’m pretty sure Tracy’s on her fourth. Off the top of my head, Christabel Finch, Holly Chamarette, Dawn Acton and Kate Ford. Smile
You are correct of course, Spencer. I could remember Christabel Finch but not Holly Chamarette for some reason.

I assume your pun was intentional. Tongue