Pres Café
Newsnight - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Newsnight (/showthread.php?tid=107)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Newsnight - Stooky Bill - 29-05-2024

The cynic would say that they'll bring the analysis back in mid July once those that the management don't want analysing aren't in a position of power....

But I wouldn't say that Big Grin

RE: Newsnight - UTVLifer - 29-05-2024

I wonder how the format will fair on nights when Kirsty (for the next 6 weeks), or Faisal Islam are hosting, as it did feel like Victoria was doing a lot last night to carry this new format

I also have a feeling it will struggle after the election, though there will then be the US election hovering into view going into the autumn

RE: Newsnight - Keith - 29-05-2024

(29-05-2024, 09:58 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The cynic would say that they'll bring the analysis back in mid July once those that the management don't want analysing aren't in a position of power....

But I wouldn't say that Big Grin
I think it's fair to say that if they're referring to it on air as "Election Newsnight" then they're at least giving themselves a certain amount of wiggle room. It makes it easier for them to change things after the election, without having to admit it's a (partial) u-turn and/or that certain things weren't working.

RE: Newsnight - eyeTV - 29-05-2024

They are claiming a ratings boost up to 450k for new Newsnight up from 300k average week before.

Probably in part due to the shorter run time.

RE: Newsnight - newsjunkie - 29-05-2024

(29-05-2024, 11:56 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  They are claiming a ratings boost up to 450k for new Newsnight up from 300k average week before.

Probably in part due to the shorter run time.

That may be partly the cause, but the peak was far higher last night (around 520k) compared to last Tuesday (about 340k). The share figure was also about double last week.

RE: Newsnight - DTV - 29-05-2024

Wonder if anything has happened in the last week that might cause more people to want to watch Newsnight?

RE: Newsnight - House - 29-05-2024

Victoria Derbyshire’s story on Diane Abbott also got quite a lot of coverage - and reference to Newsnight - across the BBC yesterday which probably helped.

RE: Newsnight - GraemeT88 - 29-05-2024

Few observations on the show

Camera works was, interesting. Clearly needs some refining. I don’t understand zooming around to video screens rather than decent graphics.

The branding - a decent evolution. Don’t understand the “too bright” view.

It could do with something to break it up at the 15 minute point

Should have more of the bbc analysis team on the show each night as part of the discussion

RE: Newsnight - Alessi - 29-05-2024

The optics didn't work for me at all in the first section. A long chat between 'Vic' and Nick Watt, speaking across two guests who weren't brought in for what felt like an age. They just sat there in the shots looking back and forth as though they were watching a game of tennis. Two black guests - when the topic was Diane Abbot and racism. They should have been brought in immediately, or the Nick chat should have been done elsewhere on the set.

RE: Newsnight - London Lite - 29-05-2024

Day 2 of the new ViewsNight/Victoria Derbyshire at Night and once again they're focusing on Labour's left as it seems they can't actually do any actual news, so once again focused on that.

A guest, Labour PPC Faiza Shaheen was poorly prepped.

I can't help thinking they should've relaunched the 10.30 slot with a new name as this isn't Newsnight in any sense of the word.