Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 13-05-2024

Look North seems to be in HD this morning!

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - DrewF - 13-05-2024

Looks like the Breakfast bulletins are from Hull this morning, with Dave Edwards.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - agemame - 13-05-2024

So far it looks like the optouts are finally free of ugly off sync cuts - dissolving back and forth from the national feed. HD still not doing the camera kit in Leeds many favours though - still quite a significant grain and softness relative to the newer kit elsewhere, but still a step up from the previous.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 13-05-2024

(12-05-2024, 09:49 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Hmm - not sure how it works. Will Leeds in HD at Breakfast go directly to the Belmont transmitter, or will it go via Hull first, and get downscaled.

I think the opt switch happens at CCM these days, under control of the region, but even under the old arrangements I would have thought Leeds originated HD could pass through Hull like network HD did.

(13-05-2024, 08:06 AM)agemame Wrote:  So far it looks like the optouts are finally free of ugly off sync cuts - dissolving back and forth from the national feed. HD still not doing the camera kit in Leeds many favours though - still quite a significant grain and softness relative to the newer kit elsewhere, but still a step up from the previous.

The need to have a hard cut disappeared shortly after DSO, that was a fudge to do with the relative timings of analogue and digital.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - harshy - 13-05-2024

(13-05-2024, 07:01 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Look North seems to be in HD this morning!

It was in SD and from Hull you could tell from the awful rendition of the graphics

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - JACKLUFC1998 - 13-05-2024

So with Look North (Leeds) having HD work done, and Hull being the backup, it's got me thinking - when Calendar had their HD work done on ITV, how come we didn't get Tyne Tees or Granada Reports as the backup for that?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 13-05-2024

Did they put the Leeds background on the screens?

(13-05-2024, 12:46 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Did they put the Leeds background on the screens?

I think it was the usual Hull background

HD Look North Leeds at 1:30pm :-D

Much improved astons finally at long last.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - London Lite - 13-05-2024

The lighting in the studio is too bright, both Amy and Paul look washed out.