BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

Sounds like Ian White is to take over from Duncan Wood as the lead presenter of Calendar, reuniting with Lara.

(Couldn’t find an existing relevant thread so hope this is okay to start new one!)
[-] The following 4 users Like steve's post:
  • bilky asko, chevron, Superman1986, TVFan

I did not see that coming! Have you got a source for that?

Lots of colleagues talking about it publicly but I don’t think it’s been officially announced:

[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey

Not been announced yet but I definitely didn't see that coming

He seemed the sort to be on Look North forever

By the way does Peter Levy ever take any time off, i'm sure he's been in that bottom right corner on the 'my colleagues in the nations and regions' wall every week since it launched
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986

You could say the same of Christa at Calendar.

It does sound plausible. With the BBC moving to single headed presentation you could certainly speculate that the opportunities to progress to a full time gig on the sofa look limited for the foreseeable future so an opportunity at Kirkstall Road could well have been attractive.

(02-09-2022, 05:52 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Not been announced yet but I definitely didn't see that coming

He seemed the sort to be on Look North forever

By the way does Peter Levy ever take any time off, i'm sure he's been in that bottom right corner on the 'my colleagues in the nations and regions' wall every week since it launched

No, Peter’s on so often that it even makes the local rag when he takes some time off.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/peter-levy-missing-bbc-look-7343171

Agree with Ian being a surprising appointment too. Definitely a strong choice though, if true. Calendar is certainly in need of some familiar faces with all five of their main faces leaving in the last year or two. Has felt quite soulless recently, so hopefully he can liven it up a little bit.

I mean it’s definitely true, believe me  Smile

For someone taken off the late bulletins and told he’d not present again, quite the journey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Will

Does anyone know when look north is changing its background I think it was mentioned that all regions would get a background change?
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Superman1986

Looks like it’s true
twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986

Was he always late news presenter all those years or did he do the main 6:30 programme?

Notice the Gill Sans BBC Yorkshire logo in the background