Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Moz - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 09:22 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(18-03-2023, 05:47 AM)ALV Wrote:  That's weird, no new titles but Chameleon style branding... Does that imply the current 2008 globe titles will be retained, but the Viz generated DOG will be ditched, something along the lines like this?
[Image: 4991d8dfdee126189120e23749a395b2.png]
If that's the case, I think it looks a bit weird... The BBC logo doesn't blend in too well with the red globe...
---

IMO the 2008 globe branding of BBC News is plastered almost everywhere... on the wallpapers in NBH offices and overseas newsrooms, across its platforms whether its the news website or distribution partners website or app... If they decide to introduce a new graphic for its core brand, it's gonna take like ten years to switch them all up...

I think you should re-read the post you've quoted

Well the post wasn’t clear.

“[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Yes to up to date Chameleon titles**” - doesn’t necessarily mean new titles, it could mean that the existing titles just been given Chameleon elements.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]“[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]**I've seen new Chameleon style countdowns… but not new titles” - this could be taken to mean he’s *not seen* the new titles OR there *aren’t* new titles.[/font][/color][/font][/color]

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 09:31 AM)Lester Wrote:  So if nothing significant is changing to what we have now, why the need for rehearsals?
Because there are new formats, bulletin structures, etc. Plus, presumably, they'll also be practising the UK breaking news opt-out.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - mdta - 18-03-2023

If the graphics backend is no different, then new graphic templates can come closer to launch - and functionally nothing changes from the rehearsals.

As well as the structure of the bulletins, the opt-outs, the switching of cameras, the switch between content strands and news bulletins etc.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - bilky asko - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 09:54 AM)Moz Wrote:  
(18-03-2023, 09:22 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  I think you should re-read the post you've quoted

Well the post wasn’t clear.

“[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Yes to up to date Chameleon titles**” - doesn’t necessarily mean new titles, it could mean that the existing titles just been given Chameleon elements.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]“[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]**I've seen new Chameleon style countdowns… but not new titles” - this could be taken to mean he’s *not seen* the new titles OR there *aren’t* new titles.[/font][/color][/font][/color]

It was clear enough to me!

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ALV - 18-03-2023

Forgive me if this was previously mentioned but the WN Partner's Distribution website has released a tentative schedule for the world feed of the new BBC News on April 3rd:

https://www.bbcworldnews.com/Pages/SchedulesFrame.aspx 
[Image: 3d27c8fd970fbe341201863deaec2800.png]

- All generic bulletins including overnights are officially renamed "BBC News"
- FoA returns at 1730 BST.
- Outside Source, The Context seems to be cancelled and replaced by generic bulletins.
- Sport Today at 1145, 1445, and is cancelled. It is replaced by WBR which got pushed back by 15 minutes. All weekend editions of Sport Today are cancelled too.
- 0745's WBR is extended by 15 mins and airs at 0730.
- Sport Today is renamed to Sportsday just like the NC, and will only air during overnights following ABR.

Basically, almost everything except for WNA, FoA and Newsday is axed, the majority of the schedule consists of bone dry generic bulletins. Feels like we're back to the 2000s cream and red era~

Based on my previous observations, the schedule posted on the distribution website is NOT FINAL and is subject to change. They might update it again in the next two weeks once decisions are finalized. The generic bulletins MIGHT just be a placeholder, there's no news yet on whether the new branded programmes will debut on April 3rd or at a later phase.

If this was previously mentioned, please do let me know, I'll gladly delete the post asap.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ConorW2000 - 18-03-2023

https://twitter.com/chrisckmedia/status/1637044114091827214 

Interesting comments here from the Creative Director for BBC News.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 02:55 PM)ALV Wrote:  Forgive me if this was previously mentioned but the WN Partner's Distribution website has released a tentative schedule for the world feed of the new BBC News on April 3rd:

Based on my previous observations, the schedule posted on the distribution website is NOT FINAL and is subject to change. They might update it again in the next two weeks once decisions are finalized. The generic bulletins MIGHT just be a placeholder, there's no news yet on whether the new branded programmes will debut on April 3rd or at a later phase.
Yeah, this has been on the website for a few weeks, but always good to get a recap summary. A standardised primarily 'BBC News' schedule does seem to be in line with what we've heard - this has seemed to imply that any new branded programmes will probably not launch until the next stage (presumably when E is reopened). That said, the Partners website is not that reliable more than a few weeks ahead - IIRC, the big February 2010 rescheduling didn't appear until only 2/3 weeks ahead of the change.

As with much of the relaunch, we don't know for certain.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - News76 - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 03:42 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(18-03-2023, 02:55 PM)ALV Wrote:  Forgive me if this was previously mentioned but the WN Partner's Distribution website has released a tentative schedule for the world feed of the new BBC News on April 3rd:

Yeah, this has been on the website for a few weeks, but always good to get a recap summary. A standardised primarily 'BBC News' schedule does seem to be in line with what we've heard - this has seemed to imply that any new branded programmes will probably not launch until the next stage (presumably when E is reopened). That said, the Partners website is not that reliable more than a few weeks ahead - IIRC, the big February 2010 rescheduling didn't appear until only 2/3 weeks ahead of the change.

I'm not sure we were aware of Outside Source and The Context going although this could be incorrect as well.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Moz - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 02:43 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(18-03-2023, 09:54 AM)Moz Wrote:  Well the post wasn’t clear.

It was clear enough to me!
Feel free to explain….!

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - EverythingFavs - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 03:42 PM)DTV Wrote:  

if that is the case, i don't understand why Yalda, Matthew & Lucy are rehearsing their programmes now.... Yalda said on instagram, her new programme launches in 4 weeks time, that was on the last day of 'Impact'.[Image: image.png?width=780&height=270]