Pres Café
BBC/ITV London News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV London News (/showthread.php?tid=104)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: BBC/ITV London News - DTV - 17-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 07:40 PM)ALV Wrote:  I think this will be a good reference point on how will the refurb'd Studio C and E (and perhaps the horrible AR background of Studio A) look in the future - OTS monitors will be replaced by pillar screens, refreshed lightbox color scheme (white on top, red on bottom)... The ugly photoshopped newsroom backdrop in Studio C will probably be retained though~

I highly doubt that both C and E are being refurbished, there will surely be no need for both of them after the merger. My expectation is that E will receive a new Studio-B style set, with C mothballed and this refurbished D possibly used for back-up/the claimed UK opt-outs.

As for a reference point, and I hope the moderators don't find this out of line, I expect something more along the lines of this...

[Image: StudioE2023.jpg]

... which is just a quick, basic mock up I did a few weeks back.

Aaron - Aaron - 17-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 07:36 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(17-10-2022, 07:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Good to see them back in D and I thought I'd never say that.  A real studio is still better than a virtual one in most circumstances.

This is certainly true. Though, to be quite honest, being better than the standard Studio A virtual set isn't a particularly high bar. At least we should be in its dying days!

Couldn’t agree more, I really wasn’t a fan of the virtual set.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - Keith - 17-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 07:28 PM)ALV Wrote:  For non-London viewers here who are curious (even though you can watch it on iPlayer anyways...):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYYAFL2fGIE 

Does anyone know whether the updated D is using cameras & tracks as per B, or whether the cameras were being manually operated? I noticed that there were some moving shots, but whilst skimming through didn't notice any cameras or tracks in shot.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - TVenthusiasm - 17-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 09:57 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(17-10-2022, 07:28 PM)ALV Wrote:  For non-London viewers here who are curious (even though you can watch it on iPlayer anyways...):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYYAFL2fGIE 

Does anyone know whether the updated D is using cameras & tracks as per B, or whether the cameras were being manually operated? I noticed that there were some moving shots, but whilst skimming through didn't notice any cameras or tracks in shot.
As far as I'm aware, no. There weren't any talk of tracks being installed in Studio D so I'm assuming the cameras are either manually operated or normal robot cameras

RE: BBC/ITV London News - steve - 17-10-2022

I did wonder whether they were due to launch in B tonight but because half of B ‘crashed’ they quickly had to switch to the upgraded D.

Having the Mayor live in the studio for 20 minutes exclusively is exactly the sort of planned piece you’d do for the first programme in a new home.

(17-10-2022, 10:07 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  As far as I'm aware, no. There weren't any talk of tracks being installed in Studio D so I'm assuming the cameras are either manually operated or normal robot cameras

IIRC, when it launched, D had three fully robotic cameras (i.e. can move around) and one camera with a remote head (i.e. the camera head can move but not the pedestal). I would imagine that any moving shots involve the robotic cameras. Personally, fully robotic pedestals have always been my preference as they offer a greater versatility of shots and don't limit set design anywhere as much as tracked cameras.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - lepeterrr - 17-10-2022

A correspondent is currently doing a pre-recorded VT in B so I think they were meant to be in B today but due to the camera issues didn't bother.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - Alx321 - 17-10-2022

Why would they move to Studio D at quick notice, a studio that has been changed since they last used it. It would have made more sense to go back to Studio A where they have been for a few months

(17-10-2022, 10:45 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I think they were meant to be in B today but due to the camera issues didn't bother.

This does definitely seem like the case now, there's quite a bit of circumstantial evidence pointing that way. Also pretty much confirms that D is being readied for something else, with the fact it was in a transmittable state suggesting it's not long before it is put to that use.

(17-10-2022, 10:52 PM)Alx321 Wrote:  Why would they move to Studio D at quick notice, a studio that has been changed since they last used it. It would have made more sense to go back to Studio A where they have been for a few months

If it is the case that D's handover to its new user is approaching, it might have been that they were piloting in D anyway and so it made more sense to continue in D rather than fire up A.

It could also be the case that, given the Mayoral interview was clearly something special, that they intended to have it in the new set. The team may have decided that it was better to have it in at least a new set, particularly if it had been communicated to the Mayor's team that way.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - PATV Scunthorpe - 17-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 10:58 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(17-10-2022, 10:52 PM)Alx321 Wrote:  Why would they move to Studio D at quick notice, a studio that has been changed since they last used it. It would have made more sense to go back to Studio A where they have been for a few months
If it is the case that D's handover to its new user is approaching, it might have been that they were piloting in D anyway and so it made more sense to continue in D rather than fire up A.
Isn't Studio A's gallery used to produce Outside Source when it's on the balcony? Which it returned to tonight seeing as Studio A itself should no longer be occupied before 7pm.