Pres Café
BBC/ITV London News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV London News (/showthread.php?tid=104)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: BBC/ITV London News - London Lite - 18-10-2022

Well that's more on a par with some of the major market US local news sets.

It's about time one of the local news bulletins actually looked big to resemble a global city rather than a provincial looking set.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - Former Member 406 - 18-10-2022

(18-10-2022, 06:32 PM)ALV Wrote:  Interestingly, the backdrop in the presenter's desk uses the fake Studio E newsroom backdrop rather than London skyline...
[Image: facc89502f9ae33cd82e77faf110ad93-png.jpg]
I wonder whether this indicative of what the Nations and/or English Regions will get - a CGI office with "skyline" images on some of the computer monitors therein, rather than a single big "skyline" image filling the entire backdrop?

If so, it might be a good idea for the several CGI computer montors to show a range locations around the particular nation/region, rather than just the single city in which the studios are based.

This would be particularly beneficial in some of the more large and unwieldy regions (e.g. South Today, Look North (NE&C)), those that arguably aren't a very natural "region" (e.g. Look East (west),  Look North (Lincs&EYorks)), and the nations (e.g. the current Glasgow-centric RS backdrop must be a bit of a turn-off for viewers outside of the Central Belt and also those at the east/Edinburgh end of it).

RE: BBC/ITV London News - TVenthusiasm - 18-10-2022

[Image: bbclondonstudioblaunch%20(8).png]
[Image: bbclondonstudioblaunch%20(7).png]

Have to say, Studio B does look good even for a local bulletin like BBC London

RE: BBC/ITV London News - excel99 - 18-10-2022

(18-10-2022, 06:12 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  If London is sharing a technical team potentially after the 6 and 10 then I wonder if the 1 and weekend network bulletins might also move to D.
Could D accommodate the London Presenter getting into position 'unseen' before the end of the network bulletin?

Personally it would be good to see the 1/Sat Eve/Sun Early Eve move into B and give all the network bulletins a consistent studio and presentation (weekend lunchtimes aside), and if you do that then London might as well use B for lunchtimes and weekends. I get the desire for a phased launch of B, but would be a shame for it to be largely unused weekday daytimes and all day Saturday long term

RE: BBC/ITV London News - m_in_m - 18-10-2022

(18-10-2022, 08:15 PM)excel99 Wrote:  
(18-10-2022, 06:12 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  If London is sharing a technical team potentially after the 6 and 10 then I wonder if the 1 and weekend network bulletins might also move to D.
Could D accommodate the London Presenter getting into position 'unseen' before the end of the network bulletin?

Personally it would be good to see the 1/Sat Eve/Sun Early Eve move into B and give all the network bulletins a consistent studio and presentation (weekend lunchtimes aside), and if you do that then London might as well use B for lunchtimes and weekends. I get the desire for a phased launch of B, but would be a shame for it to be largely unused weekday daytimes and all day Saturday long term

If the start was at a tower it might be possible.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - aj12459 - 18-10-2022

Forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere/not new; I see BBC One London in HD on Sky. Is this a new development?

RE: BBC/ITV London News - Clean Feed - 18-10-2022

(18-10-2022, 10:31 PM)aj12459 Wrote:  Forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere/not new; I see BBC One London in HD on Sky. Is this a new development?
Would need to do a rescan but can see a channel labelled "6945" carrying the same output as BBC One England HD but displaying BBC One London EPG data.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - DTV - 18-10-2022

(17-10-2022, 06:54 PM)DTV Wrote:  The fact that they've installed these new screens, combined with the confirmed move of London to B, pretty much confirms my theory that D is going to be used as a several month temporary studio for one of the news channels while a major studio is refurbed.

This does seem to have been rendered somewhat back down to being unconfirmed (or even wrong) by the subsequent revelations about D now being used for Breakfast, Lunchtime and Weekend BBC London bulletins, but it does seem like a fairly big investment for bulletins that were, for quite a while, relegated to a CSO cupboard.

RE: BBC/ITV London News - chaose - 18-10-2022

The BBC London headlines at the top and mid point went out on BBC One England HD again today. News Channel opted out for their regular Sportsday inserts.

Since London now use the same gallery as the Six this makes complete sense. Seems like London don’t have to opt out anymore for the headlines, while the NC now does. It used to be the other way around.

So does the network feed now contain London headlines? Meaning they would air if any one region fails to opt?

RE: BBC/ITV London News - Steve in Pudsey - 18-10-2022

(18-10-2022, 06:45 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Well that's more on a par with some of the major market US local news sets.

It's about time one of the local news bulletins actually looked big to resemble a global city rather than a provincial looking set.

Isn't that a bit of an apples and oranges situation? Comparing sets that are on air for about an hour per day with US ones that host several hours of rolling news each day, you'd expect the latter to have more ambitious sets, with multiple presentation areas than was required for a fairly simple set piece bulletin involving fewer presenters?