Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - AaronLancs - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 09:12 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(21-01-2023, 08:35 PM)radio listener Wrote:  How long does a new studio refit take?

EMT went temporary on 1st October and launched their new set 16th January so just over 3 months if we use the same trajectory.

I would hazard just under 3 months as the Christmas breakfast in that period of time. Plus, considering they are expediting these at a fast rate. It wouldn't surprise me if they get it down to 2 and a half months.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - IanJRedman - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 10:21 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(21-01-2023, 09:50 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I hope they get some gallery upgrades aswell! One of the only (possibly the only?) region still using fades for the lower thirds.

East Midlands Today still has them, even after their set upgrade.

AFAIK the set redesign rollout is completely separate from the technical upgrade that's also rolling out at the moment (converting regional centres to HD with a more modern playout system). But the latter will sort out the lower thirds - Southampton also used to have static lower thirds, but now they animate fully.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - watchingtv - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 09:50 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I hope they get some gallery upgrades aswell! One of the only (possibly the only?) region still using fades for the lower thirds.
Look East. I think Cambridge did animate.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - IanJRedman - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 11:32 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  
Look East. I think Cambridge did animate.

Yes, Cambridge did. So viewers in the former East (West) region have (temporarily) lost animations in the migration over to Norwich. This is the inverse of what happened in Oxford, where the graphics didn't animate but Southampton's do.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Mike - 22-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 11:39 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(21-01-2023, 11:32 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  Look East. I think Cambridge did animate.

Yes, Cambridge did. So viewers in the former East (West) region have (temporarily) lost animations in the migration over to Norwich. This is the inverse of what happened in Oxford, where the graphics didn't animate but Southampton's do.

And 99% of the viewers won't care or even have noticed.

Cambridge actually had a Viz setup because of how new the building was and when it was opened - there was some work going on at the time to rollout Vizrt across English Regions. It never happened, other solutions have been trialled such as CasparCG, which is what Birmingham use.

I think the more important part of the HD upgrades has to be the cameras and vision mixers, as viewers do notice that when most regions opt out now it's like someone has smeared vaseline over the picture, even my nan thought her TV had broken during the regional news and was phoning my brother in law up concerned.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - IanJRedman - 22-01-2023

(22-01-2023, 01:06 AM)Mike Wrote:  
(21-01-2023, 11:39 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Yes, Cambridge did. So viewers in the former East (West) region have (temporarily) lost animations in the migration over to Norwich. This is the inverse of what happened in Oxford, where the graphics didn't animate but Southampton's do.

And 99% of the viewers won't care or even have noticed.

In fairness, I didn't suggest it was a major issue - but isn't discussing these obscure things what many of us are here for? Smile

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Kendal87 - 23-01-2023

Looks like there is a smudge on the lens above Peter’s head?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - harshy - 23-01-2023

I can’t see Leeds being ready for HD it will be upscaled.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - all new phil - 23-01-2023

(23-01-2023, 09:54 PM)harshy Wrote:  I can’t see Leeds being ready for HD it will be upscaled.

Leeds looks terrible on Sky Stream.

harshy - harshy - 23-01-2023

(23-01-2023, 10:00 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(23-01-2023, 09:54 PM)harshy Wrote:  I can’t see Leeds being ready for HD it will be upscaled.

Leeds looks terrible on Sky Stream.

Politics North looked ok upscaled it seemed better lit whilst Look North looks like it’s lit by candlelight at times, trying to hide all those scratches on the floor.