Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - London Lite - 23-01-2023

Leeds always has one iffy camera. The ceiling cam that gets used during Breakfast to throw between Cathy or Dave to the weather presenter looks washed out and blurred.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 24-01-2023

Leeds have a pretty decent upscaler at their disposal, on Virgin you can barely see where they soft opt (taking network through their SD gallery)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Superman1986 - 24-01-2023

I wonder if Levy Live will bring back the sofa for their new set or keep their desk?. Personally I think it’ll be nice to have a Humber bridge backdrop

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 24-01-2023

Look Levy’s temporary set looks pretty decent, as seen on the clip below

As someone else said gone are the days it’d be fairly close up locked off cameras cobbled together in a meeting room

https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/status/1617603039879172108?s=61&t=5-ZWiza2pS-ApSFp28sPqw 

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - JexedBack - 25-01-2023

There’s a temporary set that’s being shared around the regions while the studio refit takes place.

Hull will get exactly what Nottingham have, as will all the other regions, so Levy has a tower and sofa/table.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 12:06 AM)JexedBack Wrote:  There’s a temporary set that’s being shared around the regions while the studio refit takes place.

Hull will get exactly what Nottingham have, as will all the other regions, so Levy has a tower and sofa/table.
Are there not a couple of temporary sets? I’m guessing the one being used at the moment in Birmingham might be sent off to the next region to be revamped.

Also, someone else stated on here that each region has the choice of a sofa or desk for their new set. No idea if that’s correct or not.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Yorksman - 25-01-2023

As someone commented on Twitter, it's almost as big as the first set they used for Look North Hull.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 25-01-2023

I think they are referring to the red set at the old Radio Humberside building

Superman1986 - Superman1986 - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 02:44 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I think they are referring to the red set at the old Radio Humberside building
I get you now

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Former Member 406 - 25-01-2023

It's all very nice that there is a prescribed temporary set being sent around the regions, rather than each region cobbling something together.

But it's a shame that - based on what's happened so far - there are seemingly only two of the temporary set. Presumably, the one week gap between EMT moving back into its main studio and Look Levy decamping to a meeting room (or wherever) was so that the temporary set which Nottingham had been using could be transported to and re-erected in Hull.

If only two regions can be currently decamped at any given time, and will be decamped for about 2-3 months each, with a 1 week gap after "region A" finishes with one of the temporary sets before "region B" then starts using it on air... then rolling out the "NBH-B" style sets to every region is going to be a drawn-out process.

I can't be bothered to work it out properly, but it will surely take at least the rest of this year (or until Q1/Q2 2024, or something) for every BBC English Region to get done at this rate? I feel sorry for whichever regions are at the very back of the queue.

I had hoped there'd be a greater number of the prescribed temporary set to share around, so that the rollout would be a bit quicker.

Given the impending refresh of BBC News in general this spring (allegedly), which (if true) could potentially mean a new theme arrangement and/or style of title sequence for the English Regions, it seems a shame that many English Regions won't have the new-look set in time for or shortly after this.

I wonder whether Reporting Scotland will re-use the same temporary set previously used by Newsline?