Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - DTV - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 07:32 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  If only two regions can be currently decamped at any given time, and will be decamped for about 2-3 months each, with a 1 week gap after "region A" finishes with one of the temporary sets before "region B" then starts using it on air... then rolling out the "NBH-B" style sets to every region is going to be a drawn-out process.

I can't be bothered to work it out properly, but it will surely take at least the rest of this year (or until Q1/Q2 2024, or something) for every BBC English Region to get done at this rate? I feel sorry for whichever regions are at the very back of the queue.
Assuming the Nottingham timeframe is standard (but delayed a week by Christmas), the final sets would go up in April and July next year. Though this, of course, assumes that a) no additional work was done in Nottingham that doesn't need to be done in other regions (Belfast took three weeks less); b) all regions will use one of the two temporary sets (Southampton, for instance, have (or certainly did have) a second set already). Regardless, at this pace you are right that it could be a while.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Juicy Joe - 25-01-2023

Surely some of these temporary sets could easily be hashed together by the local newsrooms? Or failing that, the BBC could send some more around, I mean, they don't look particularly expensive or technologically hard to build? But then, the BBC is all about saving money.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - chaose - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 07:32 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I had hoped there'd be a greater number of the prescribed temporary set to share around, so that the rollout would be a bit quicker.
This is assuming the availability of temporary sets as the only limiting factor in the rollout. We don't know how the logistics work. Maybe there are two crews traveling around the regions building the new sets one after the other. In that case, you simply wouldn't need more than two temp sets because only two could ever be built at any one time.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 25-01-2023

Tonight was Tanya Arnold’s last appearance on Look North Yorkshire by the way. There was a montage and a cake in the last half of the programme

She’s been on the programme 25 years, they showed a clip of her first appearance presenting the sport alongside Harry Gration and Clare Frisby

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - DTV - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 09:01 PM)chaose Wrote:  This is assuming the availability of temporary sets as the only limiting factor in the rollout. We don't know how the logistics work. Maybe there are two crews traveling around the regions building the new sets one after the other. In that case, you simply wouldn't need more than two temp sets because only two could ever be built at any one time.
Yes, I suspect this is part of the case too - given the uniformity of the sets, I imagine they are being constructed, and to at least some extent installed, by the same teams. That said, I doubt the full 15 weeks of the Nottingham upgrade were spent on installation - there will have been at least a few days of training/rehearsals and I suspect that they'll have taken advantage of the studio being completely empty for the first time years to do other technical work (the last Southampton refit coincided with a new studio floor being put in).

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - AaronLancs - 26-01-2023

Also don't forget with regard to the BBC English Region set changes. Some regions - BBC North West comes to mind - may have other sets that may come into play here for decamping (once BBC Sport have finished with it mind you).

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 26-01-2023

That would certainly fit the same model as the ViLoR radio roll out. I suspect the existing teams in the regions wouldn't have the capacity to install a new set, new gallery kit, train everyone on it and keep programmes running from the temp set.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Former Member 406 - 26-01-2023

I wish to politely suggest that this thread be renamed as "BBC/ITV Yorks & Lincs News" (or similar), to be more reflective of the combined Emley TX + Belmont TX region as a whole.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Yorksman - 26-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 10:16 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Tonight was Tanya Arnold’s last appearance on Look North Yorkshire by the way. There was a montage and a cake in the last half of the programme

She’s been on the programme 25 years, they showed a clip of her first appearance presenting the sport alongside Harry Gration and Clare Frisby

That clip must have been from 1999 as Harry was working in the South (first for the RFL and then South Today) between 1994 and 1999.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Scratch_Perry - 26-01-2023

(26-01-2023, 12:07 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  
(25-01-2023, 10:16 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Tonight was Tanya Arnold’s last appearance on Look North Yorkshire by the way. There was a montage and a cake in the last half of the programme

That clip must have been from 1999 as Harry was working in the South (first for the RFL and then South Today) between 1994 and 1999.
I thought the RFL was based in Leeds, given as Maurice Lindsay (RIP) was already there as the Chief Executive?