Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Andrew - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 09:38 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
(04-03-2023, 11:36 PM)Andrew Wrote:  New weather presenter Victoria Lacey’s first shift on the ITV northern weekend weather shift tonight

Could she have taken on Kerrie’s old role? Given Kerrie replaced Jon Mitchell as senior forecaster in Leeds, I’ve been wondering for a while if they were going to appoint a new deputy.

I think that is basically it. Since Kerrie took over Jon’s role, Emma Jesson has been on practically every weekend, with occasional appearances from Ross

Also Jo Blythe seems to be doing many more national shifts now, including helping to introduce some OBs on the Evening News that aren’t all in the South of England

Superman1986 - Superman1986 - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 11:45 AM)Andrew Wrote:  
(05-03-2023, 09:38 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Could she have taken on Kerrie’s old role? Given Kerrie replaced Jon Mitchell as senior forecaster in Leeds, I’ve been wondering for a while if they were going to appoint a new deputy.

I think that is basically it. Since Kerrie took over Jon’s role, Emma Jesson has been on practically every weekend, with occasional appearances from Ross

Also Jo Blythe seems to be doing many more national shifts now, including helping to introduce some OBs on the Evening News that aren’t all in the South of England
We had Ross on UTV Live in Northern Ireland one night as a relief presenter

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 05-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:24 PM)radio listener Wrote:  When studios were replaced in the past wasn't the 'boast' made that it was all done in a weekend?  With them even finishing a show on a Friday evening with engineers coming into shot dismantling the set?

In the good old days of Harry and Judith they closed the final show in the grey sofa set by walking across the studio to the new green set, which had been built opposite the existing set, and played out with the new closing sequence. The clip was on TV Ark.

That was in the era when North of Westminster had it's own set opposite the LN set.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - steve - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  
(01-03-2023, 07:24 PM)radio listener Wrote:  When studios were replaced in the past wasn't the 'boast' made that it was all done in a weekend?  With them even finishing a show on a Friday evening with engineers coming into shot dismantling the set?

In the good old days of Harry and Judith they closed the final show in the grey sofa set by walking across the studio to the new green set, which had been built opposite the existing set, and played out with the new closing sequence. The clip was on TV Ark.

That was in the era when North of Westminster had it's own set opposite the LN set.
Yes, the old studio at Woodhouse Lane was really big and they almost alternated the set location so they could build the new one in situ without impacting the other. From that massive proper studio and the smaller self op one to the small, low ceilinged studio of St Peter’s Square was such a downgrade.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - harshy - 06-03-2023

Ehh where is Look North Leeds coming from ? Dave Edwards seems to be in a temp set

Andrew - Andrew - 06-03-2023

Just two camera angles used throughout
[Image: 375F7FC2-5C8C-435C-A328-D6783D047E1B.jpeg]
[Image: 2ED95257-6E54-4B54-BCD7-141502E17538.jpeg]

Paul was banished to the weather studio
[Image: B2CF6961-0338-4A45-882F-704806392521.jpeg]

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Spencer - 06-03-2023

That does look a bit like the temporary set Midlands Today used recently. Maybe Leeds is going to get the new set sooner than I expected.

I'd have thought the technical upgrade would have been a higher priority. But maybe with Leeds already having a full LED screen setup much of the required infrastructure is already there, so perhaps it's an easier set to upgrade.

Will it be in full HD? they might as well do it in one go ? Seems to be better lit then the normal set.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - DrewF - 06-03-2023

It looks like the main programme is from this temporary set as well - I must say I'm surprised Leeds is next up given it probably had the newest regional set already.

(06-03-2023, 07:13 PM)DrewF Wrote:  It looks like the main programme is from this temporary set as well - I must say I'm surprised Leeds is next up given it probably had the newest regional set already.

Well it was an upgrade of the previous regional set it inherited too much of the 2012 look unfortunately which is why it hasn’t aged well, the lights were all over the place it was too saturated or too dark