Pres Café
BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News (/showthread.php?tid=138)

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - MFTJA - 06-03-2023

Not sure if the other monolithic regions do it, but I thought Hull made good use of the tower screen to display viewer comments. Necessary? No, but it's a clever way of presenting them.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Mike - 06-03-2023

It's definitely shallower than Nottingham and Birmingham, but still impressive with the space they had to play with.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Earlie37 - 06-03-2023

For those who would like to do a bit of a comparison.....

[Image: start.jpg]

[Image: end.jpg]

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Kojak - 06-03-2023

Thanks for that. Though not a lot to compare, really - they all look the same. ITV would be proud.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Mike - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 11:15 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Thanks for that. Though not a lot to compare, really - they all look the same. ITV would be proud.

Or indeed jealous, ITV's sets look awful in comparison to these, they always have looked as though they wanted to fill the black voids with screens on a similar scale to this deployment, but either couldn't afford it or the technology wasn't there.

They do all look the same, but the camera angles give a clue as to the space available. Hull's cameras are very close to the monolith and set as they can't be pulled back much further. Birmingham's isn't great but doesn't look as close to the presenter/monolith as Hull's is and Nottingham's looks better as they have newer cameras.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Phil - 06-03-2023

Are the sofas identical? It may be the camera angles, but the back on Look North looks smaller than Midlands Today.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - ViridianFan - 06-03-2023

I’ve never seen Look North before but wanted to see the new studio. Peter’s great! I only wanted to have a quick look and ended up watching the whole program! It actually feels he’s talking to you. Love the monolith with the emails and tweets. That’s the sort of thing regional news should be like. A conversation with the viewer. Even the bit between him and the weather guy felt natural. You can see that bit of chat sometimes and it feels awkward. The only thing I’ve not a fan of but i haven’t liked them in any set even B and that’s the desk. It feels like it lets it down a bit. If they were going for that shape than something like the one one Millbank would have looked higher class. But over all looks good.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 07-03-2023

If it's good enough for Breakfast! Other regions will have the weather from an OB from time to time, didn't one region have a shed on the roof that they presented the weather from?

I assume the same issue of the DTL contribution looking massive is going to happen with other two ways? Surely they can make the box smaller, or even do it standing at the monolith?

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Steve in Pudsey - 07-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 11:27 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  Even the bit between him and the weather guy felt natural. You can see that bit of chat sometimes and it feels awkward.

They've been taking the piss out of each other for over 20 years! It used to be the highlight of the lunchtime Look North from Leeds (which Peter presented before the Hull sub opt was a thing) although I think it started when Paul would appear on Peter's mid-morning Radio Leeds show to do a forecast and the running jokes from the banter there got back referenced on the telly.

RE: BBC/ITV Yorkshire News - Former Member 406 - 07-03-2023

Interesting variation in how long different regions have been decamping for.

Nottingham & Birmingham decamped for around 3 months each. I'm sure that Brum were decamped for one week longer than Nottingham was (they decamped 3 weeks after Nottingham did, but didn't move back into their main studio until 4 weeks after Nottingham did).

Hull were decamped for only six weeks, and Amy Garcia's video Tweet (on page 19 of this thread) states that Leeds will be decamped for the next "couple" of months.

It'll be interesting to see how long each of the remaining English Regions decamp for, as and when they each get their turn.